Fender Gilmour neck pickup

scolfax

• Members

Anyone see the video on the CD that came with the last Guitar World? David Gilmour talks for a minute about his signature Strat.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that he said that the neck pickup in the new guitar was better than in his, and that he might take one of the new neck pickups and put it in The Black Strat!

Can anyone tell us which pickups are in the Fender Gilmour?

• Members

I just mentioned in another thread that I've never compared a Fat50s to a CS69 back to back through the same rig. To my ears, I can get all kinds of Gilmoury tones from my CS69s. I'm not sure if Doc Morbius has a set of Fat 50s wired up in a Strat but if he does, I'll try to compare next time I'm at his place.

• Members

I just mentioned in another thread that I've never compared a Fat50s to a CS69 back to back through the same rig. To my ears, I can get all kinds of Gilmoury tones from my CS69s. I'm not sure if Doc Morbius has a set of Fat 50s wired up in a Strat but if he does, I'll try to compare next time I'm at his place.

I wonder how they made the pickup selection. It's unclear to me how much input Gilmour had in the process.

Irregardless, I'm sure the pickups are the same camp, there are probably tons of single-coils that are really close.

Archived