G&L tribute series

EzzO)))

• Members

So I've been patiently saving for an Mij or affordable US strat. I've seen some G&L strats in a local guitar shop and they always look nice. I've been seeing some of the tribute series pop up in local listings lately for pretty decent prices. I was wondering if they would be considered a step up or a step down or pretty much equal in build quality to an MIJ strat.

• Members

i have 2 g&l tributes... both made in korea (some are made in indonesia)... one is a legacy premium... i like the guitar... love the pickups (same as the usa ones)... but i wouldn't consider it a step up from the few mij fenders i've played as far as quality goes....... although tone-wise i prefer it

• Members

I had an Indonesian Tribute Blues Boy for a while (sold it to a buddy). I was really impressed with how well it was made and played. It had the US G&L Bridge pickup and a US HB in the neck, but the US Bluesboy has a SD Seth Lover. I've read that all of the Tributes get a setup in CA before being shipped out, but I may be wrong on that. I would not be surprised if that was true because the one I had was set up very well right out of the box.

Archived