New Tori Amos album - Abnormally Attracted To Sin

Phait

• Members

doesn't sound really squashed. But Those are loossy mp3s on myspace.

Definately not as good as Little Earthquakes. I don't hear Autotune and I can hear autotune being used on american Idols favorites" so I can here it wherever it is". . Just ecessive amounts of digital chorus.

• Members

I prefer her earlier work to this. There's a few interesting songs there but I wish she had the production quality of From The Choirgirl Hotel. I thought someone else produced that but apparently it was Tori too.

• Members
I prefer her earlier work to this. There's a few interesting songs there but I wish she had the production quality of
From The Choirgirl Hotel
. I thought someone else produced that but apparently it was Tori too.

• Members

It seems like she dropped the ball with production here. Just feels lacking.

I feel similarly... Especially since my favorite from her was Scarlet's Walk. Don't know why she has tuning on Flavor. Pointless considering her accuracy.

I like Fire To Your Plain.

• Members
I feel similarly... Especially since my favorite from her was Scarlet's Walk. Don't know why she has tuning on
Flavor
. Pointless considering her accuracy.

I haven't seen anyone post any evidence that she is tuning her voice. :confused: I would sure like to hear it.

• Members

Are you sure about that?
:confused:
She has never used it in past so I am not sure you are correct. I heard a couple of songs from it and I didn't hear any pitch correction.

I could be wrong of course, but it sounded like it to me on "Flavor". The long notes were too perfect. But if it was just that one song, maybe it was done for effect and not correction.

• Members

I got a chance to gander at the media in some sound editing tools. Looks pretty good and the dynamic range is definately there. Its a bit loud but its certainly not what people try to pass off as mastering these days. Every song also appears to have gotten a different mastering treatment. From a sonic perspective the album sounds good.

The song writing seems a bit stale to me.

• Members

I've seen her live a number of times and her pitch is incredible. She sometimes hits notes soft and a bit flat and pushes them into pitch, but that's a stylistic thing more than "imperfect" thing.

Note sure about the face lift though...she looks a bit...surprised...

• Members
Listened to it last night and it was a pretty big disappointment. Much of the album definitely sounds closer to how she sounds with her band live than much of her previous body of work. Also a few interesting production momments clearly harkening back to 80's style new wave pop, a genre she's never really experimented with. However, the songwriting just wasn't there, especially when compared with her last release, The Beekeeper. Overall it just felt a bit too dark without many good hooks...

• Members

Actually, her last release was American Doll Posse, and I still haven't completely digested that one! It was a lot to take in at once. That CD definitely had more of a rock flavor to it, so I suppose the new one is a natural progression from that (though I haven't heard it yet). I find much of her music doesn't exactly go down smooth on the first listen, but you do acquire a taste for it after a while.

OK, I'm done with the food metaphors. Guess I must be hungry. :)

Archived