Computer won`t start

• Members
Update: G5 is finally ready for pickup.

Damage: $325 after an $80 "discount" (whatever that means...)

That doesn`t bother me though...

I`m 10 days behind schedule...

Hey Ernest,

Send in your avatar to pick it up... you might get a better discount. :D

• Members

And sorry again about the fried PS. :facepalm:

It all started when I took a trip to the Windy City last month (Thursday, 4/23) to hit a few music stores I hadn't been to in a while, and well... I was bored and there was the Sears Tower, and... :idk: I admit I had one too many baklava and maybe too much Coca-Cola for one day, but all I said (thought) was how cool it would be to see those lighting rods on that thing get some action, and then...

"And in Chicago there a violent thunder and lightning storm rolling through Chicago last night -- as you see here, lightning striking the Sears Tower several times. The Sears Tower is this country's tallest building. And our CNN IReporter says that storm came out of, as he put it, nowhere."
Lou Dobbs, April 24, 2009

http://www.thenewsroom.com/details/3682818/Local

Anyway, I couldn't get it to stop and those little lightning gremlins... they get everywhere... eventually. :(

• Members

HOLY {censored}, BRO

$300 for a PSU??

I'm not a Mac guy, but on a PC that's a $40 (Canadian!) piece of hardware that takes 10 minutes to replace yourself. And you literally cannot screw it up.

In the future, the absolute first thing to check is the fan. The PSU will not start up if the fan cannot turn. You may have been able to save yourself $300 and a few days worth of headaches by simply blowing some compressed air in there.

Of course the repair shop wouldn't tell you if that was the problem... they just made $300 for 10 minutes of work. Crazy.

Archived