Lo TRS suddenly staying in tune - miracle/coincidence?

Druxar

• Members

I have an RG470 with the LoTRS and for as long as I can remember it's never stayed in tune after any trem usage, and I was almost about to buy an OFR to replace it but in the past 2 weeks I noticed something odd (and good).

I tuned it with different gauge strings and of course the springs would have required adjustment to get the bridge to sit parallel to the body again but I just tuned it up "for now" and the bridge was being pulled forward a bit in the temporary setup. I played it in tune in that configuration for a few days including major diving just for the hell of it (knowing it would go out of tune immediately and I'd have to adjust it to balance the bridge so no loss) but something weird happened. It stayed in tune.

I've been playing it off and on for 2 weeks including major diving in this non typical bridge string/spring imbalance and for the first time I can ever recall, it's finally working the way it should.

Is this just coincidence with the way the cheap Lo TRS has been worn and I got lucky and can use it for now like this and replace it later when it's worn in this position...or is this some sort of old trick everyone knows about except me (use it in a new position when it's worn out and it'll be like new?)

Archived