What about a G&L? It Aint a Fender But...

mymindsok

• Members

Thanks David.

One of my biggest regrets is having sold my S500. I have a Legacy and a Comanche and, at the time, I felt the S500 was too close to the Comanche in terms of tone. As a result I sold the S500. I did use the money to help pay for my ASAT Deluxe, which I love, but I miss that S500!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would try before you buy with G&L.

The necks make me feel like like

a first year player. I had a massive hard on

for a Legacy and tried a ton, but couldn't

play for {censored} on any of 'em.

I had that problem too,very little choice. Around here theres only one dealer and he seems to stock less each year:confused:

• Members

Sorry but Fender is more Fender then G&L. Old Leo did too much second guessing of his original (read: genius) ideas.

Guitar players, as a general rule, are very conservative in their intrumental preferences. Many, it seems, would rather have Leo's near sixty year old designs simply because they were the first, thus meaning they are diametrically opposed to what Leo was into, which was constant development and improvement. There will always be some, of course, who prefer the original designs simply due to what they are - myself, I'd much rather have a six point trem, or a three saddle bridge, and a 7 1/4" radius - and then there will be others for whom, had it been what Leo specified in 54, would only deign to touch a guitar with a plywood body.

Archived