Need effects help...

drftrman

• Members

For any beginner to intermediate player I think the number one pedal that you should have is a loop pedal. You can record 30 seconds to one minute, or so, of a song or chord progression and then you can work on leads over the top of that. It really gets you thinking about song structures as well as develops real world skills with scales. It is just and awesome way to practice and keeps you at your guitar learning every time you play.

that said I would have a hard time not having delay, overdrive, and a reverb pedal too.

there are some nice loop pedals out there.

• Members

Thanks for all the advice. Lot's of good pedals listed here. I really don't know what type pedal I want, that's why I was asking you guys what you can't live without. I was thinking of some type of a blues overdrive, but am wondering if it gets dirty enough for that Skynyrd sound? I am leaning towards the ocd or cool cat and maybe a good reverb. My palomino has some good tones, but I just can't crank it that loud, and am wary of the mods I see posted. Has anyone here modded a palomino successfully?

If you are jut looking to push your amp a little more like it sounds like you are saying, then I can't recommend the Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive enough. It's like taking the gain knob on your amp that goes to 10 and then adding 6 digits with the pedal. It doesn't really color the tone of your guitar it just adds a lot of edge to your tone in a good way.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Archived