Whick LP copy to buy?

texas twelve

• Members

I have been looking for an electric guitar for about 4-6 months. I have narrowed it down to an LP copy. I don't have the bucks for the real deal, so I am looking at rondos lp copies, the agile line, the guitarfetish xavieres, and the epiphone copies.

Which one do you have? Do you like it? Would you rec. it to others?

And yes, I have used the search function, and read what is there so far. I just wonder is any have actually played the ones listed above, or any mixture of them.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

• Members

Either an Agile or Xaviere would be a good guitar. I've owned both and liked the neck on the Xaviere better, since it is a bit wider, but Agile has models with wider necks. However, rather than go from 1 5/8" at the nut to 1 11/16", they jump to 1 3/4". While it may seem that a 1/16" of an inch can't make much difference, it certainly does.

• Members

I have both an LTD EC 400VF and a EC 1000VF Deluxe. Both are very nice, and the quality is astounding for the price. The resale values for ESPs and LTDs is not that great (and I have no idea why) so you can get them used and in good shape pretty cheap.

• Members
check out vintage matsumoku-made LP copies. some are crap, some are stellar. I think my '74 electra blows the doors off my Gibby for around $350.

mini1lc6.jpg

I was wondering what that thing was. I think I saw it a few days ago beside another guitar that you were talking about. Pretty interesting guitar.

I'll second looking to 70's MIJ's for a good LP copy. You could also check out some of the lower end Grecos as well, though I'm still not sure that would put you in Agile territory, price-wise.

Good luck!

• Members
check out vintage matsumoku-made LP copies. some are crap, some are stellar. I think my '74 electra blows the doors off my Gibby for around $350.

mini1lc6.jpg

Oh boy - there's that guitar again - I had one of those and I wish that I had it back! Great guitar if you can find one!:thu:

Archived