DiMarzio Super Distortion in a Les Paul?

stephen78

• Members

Who has tried this combo? How do you like it? I'm going to put a Super Distortion in my Les Paul Custom. I hear it's a classic match up. I'm not really digging the stock 498T/490R (although I love them in my two SG's). I have 57 Classics in my other Les Paul, which I really like. Figured I'd try something different for fun.

• Members

A "classic" pup for the bridge(imo). These days it is not what I would consider a high output pickup...more like a med' output but still good for some driving Rock N' Roll, Blues, etc. I like it in combination with a treble bleed on the volume pot for dialing it down a bit and what not.

• Members

Who has tried this combo?
How do you like it? I'm going to put a Super Distortion in my Les Paul Custom. I hear it's a classic match up. I'm not really digging the stock 498T/490R (although I love them in my two SG's). I have 57 Classics in my other Les Paul, which I really like. Figured I'd try something different for fun.

Tom Scholz.

• Members

Me.

100_1491.jpg

Super D in the Bridge, SH-2 in the neck. They snuggle up warmly together, and with the push-pull combo...the Super D becomes the Dual Sound.

Delicious and twangy or dial it in however I want it is very possible to achive many sounds

• Members

I don't think anyone has ever used that combo.
:rolleyes:

I love 'em in creme in a nice sunburst LP!
:love:

Individualize me baby!!

I had the SH-2 sitting around and didn't want to spend for a PAF Pro so I went with it. They were virtually made for each other.

• Members

Didn't Townsend put one in the middle position on his LP DLX?

That was the original Dual Sound, once the 4 conductor wiring came along the Super Distortion sort of took over.

It's been said that it's basically the same pickup

Archived