So Angus Young just plays straight into his Marshalls?

EADGBE

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
yeah like SRV has a huge arsenal of variety lol

Covering all bases and huge variey of tones is for cover bands, not rock gods.

WTF? That doesn't even make sense. Are you slow? Or do you have a personal issue?

Don't answer, I am done w/you:wave:

• Members

Angus always goes direct to the amp no effects or anything besides his wirelss unit. Whoever said something about his custom signature SG's is stupid, he always uses his late 60's and his 64 SG, the one with lightning bolts is an old sg which had a neck repair, he normally also plugs into an amp that is mic'd under the stage also. He is always uses marshall amps but on some occasions he uses wizard amps.

edit: And also, his tech was wrong on the 12 gauge strings. Angus has stated in many interviews that he has always used 9's but a few times lately he had been using 10's

• Members
Angus always goes direct to the amp no effects or anything besides his wirelss unit. Whoever said something about his custom signature SG's is stupid, he always uses his late 60's and his 64 SG, the one with lightning bolts is an old sg which had a neck repair, he normally also plugs into an amp that is mic'd under the stage also. He is always uses marshall amps but on some occasions he uses wizard amps.

edit: And also, his tech was wrong on the 12 gauge strings. Angus has stated in many interviews that he has always used 9's but a few times lately he had been using 10's

THe strings were talking about Malcom who does use 12s. Angus uses 9s.

I love the argument "so-and-so used stock pickups so that means everyone should" but they don't mention the stock pickups are from a 1950 Tele or a 58 Les Paul, as if all pickups made then and today are the same. :facepalm:

I don't buy the 40 picks per night. Go watch a video of him live and you won't see him break a single pick, 40 a night would mean what 3 or 4 per song? Maybe its like the guy from Cheap Trick who throws hundreds of picks into the crowd every night. Or its just that he has the techs provide him with 40 picks per show.

• Members

I'm all hyped to see AC/DC for the 1st time in my life (and Puerto Rico too) on November 21!!! I had always liked the tone of Angus guitar's (reason I have a Gibson SG Standard), but hey!!! Malcolm sound is very good also. His work may look easy, but he really has power on the things he plays!!!

Have any of you seen them on this Black Ice World Tour? How're they doing on it?!

• Members
Here is an interview with his guitar tech. Apparently, he uses no effects at all. See page 2.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=92644

Musician.com: Are all the pickups stock?

Banks: They're all the basic, stock Gibson pickups as far as I know. Sometimes they get waterlogged from all the sweat, so sometimes he won't play one for a couple of days until it dries out. Sometimes we put a hair dryer on them. At some point somebody bypassed the tone and the other wiring controls to just give him one volume control, for the back pickup.

Ain't that something..

Sorry couldn't help myself