New Dawn guitars?

NinjaModder

• Members

i like you. i like that you actually answer the question straight on without saying a bunch of things and going around the question thinking that nobody noticed.

very few companies do that, and answer truthfully. im fairly certain that you will get my business at some point in time because of it.

when i buy the pickups for my strat, im looking for something very versatile, for blues and classic rock. something with good cleans but can still get down and dirty.

like aerosmith, gimlour, knopfler, to some 90's and newer rock.

which of your pickups do you recommend?

Thanks bro. I appreciate that. I hated being a salesman. Trying to sell whatever we had in the warehouse. It was never my cup of tea. Now that I have my own biz, its all about honesty. It might put me behind a little, but I think in the end, its worth it.

Pickups for classic rock: hmm.. Well The Hermosa are better for one main reason, and its not the price. Its the scatterwound pattern and the height of the bobbins. It ends up being a slightly taller thicker pickup, that can growl if want it too. The Mariposa (which i sell more fo by the way) is symmetrically wound, and althought they sound very clean and crisp, compared to the Hermosa's they are predictable, or sterile if you will.

I am actually working on an "out of Phase Knofler sound" I can let you know how those prototypes come out. I am making a set for a guitar center mgr for his custom shop tele.

• Members

Thanks! We make the single cuts to order for $349.99. They are Mahogany Bodies with a Maple CAP, not veneer. Mahogany neck, and anything else you desire. Made to order so it can take up to 30 days for completion, but you end up with a one off guitar.

And will they come with your standard or the platinum pickups?

• Members

Well I appreciate the Q n A guys. My companies will be going through some changes as the guitar lines start popping up. The reviews from David Taup from the Next Level Guitar instructional dvd's and the youtube cahnnel "rockongoodpeople" will help tremendously. I appreciate the local mom and pops a lot, but its a small percentage of customers to reach. You guys are helping out a lot, simply by talking about us. Thanks a bunch. Also want to thank The Frugal Guitarist ahead of time for getting ahold of me for a guitar review. We should be sending you a guitar shortly. Thanks!

Kenneth

• Members

Do you guys handwind your pickups? I ask because one of the reasons I really liked doing business with Bryan of BG Pups' is that since the pickups are all custom to order, custom adjustments are no problem. My Strat's pickups have a few spec modifications compared to a normal V60 to better suit my style.

Also glad to see this thread revived. It's just unfortunate I can't buy your pickups now, because I think they're almost certainly really solid deals. Maybe a few more months, once I put a dent in my student loan...

• Members

The New Dawn Visionary's (LP style) are built to order. We only create them if a customer wants one.

This i am interested in, very interested. So what features can i customize? Pickups? color? neck radius? or ? How much would we be looking at? Do you have a price list?

• Members

Do you guys handwind your pickups? I ask because one of the reasons I really liked doing business with Bryan of BG Pups' is that since the pickups are all custom to order, custom adjustments are no problem. My Strat's pickups have a few spec modifications compared to a normal V60 to better suit my style.

Also glad to see this thread revived. It's just unfortunate I can't buy your pickups now, because I think they're almost certainly really solid deals. Maybe a few more months, once I put a dent in my student loan...

We do handwind, so we can customize the pickups..to an extent of course. Hey thanks for thinking about it though. Im not going anywhere, so if you want a set in the future.. give us a go! Yep, take care of those student loans!

• Members

This i am interested in,
very
interested. So what features can i customize? Pickups? color? neck radius? or ? How much would we be looking at? Do you have a price list?

Drop me an email at RosePickups@gmail.com. Send me some pics of what you like, as well as what your demands are. I will then notify my factory of what you want, and if they can do it, Id be more than happy to place the order for you.

Ken

• Members

I love the body style on those strats. Its like the top horn is way bigger and the pickguard is smaller. Idk its got a very punk rock look to me. The only thing i dont like is how the Headstock doesnt match the body at all. The body is curvy like a chubby middle aged houswife, and the headstock is very skinny and sharp like a strung out heroin junkie wearing jewlery from Hot Topic.

If i hear them you may have a buy for one of your LPs AND a Strat. Im in the market for a new guitar and i just want a good not too pricey guitar. Always wanted an LP style. BTW how big are your LPs. Im not the smallest guy in the world and i like a good sized guitar. Hagstroms are huge and i like that, which was one of the reasons i was going to buy a swede.

• Members

I really really like that LP-style guitar. I might just hafta buy one.

As for that atrocious hognose snake headstock on the Strat-style....it's a:

171-0121090448-car_over_cliff.jpg

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Most seem to like it. I think it follows the style of the guitar. The more I look at them, the more I think Strat headstocks are the ones out of place... but hey I am bias.

• Members

I love the body style on those strats. Its like the top horn is way bigger and the pickguard is smaller. Idk its got a very punk rock look to me. The only thing i dont like is how the Headstock doesnt match the body at all. The body is curvy like a chubby middle aged houswife, and the headstock is very skinny and sharp like a strung out heroin junkie wearing jewlery from Hot Topic.

If i hear them you may have a buy for one of your LPs AND a Strat. Im in the market for a new guitar and i just want a good not too pricey guitar. Always wanted an LP style. BTW how big are your LPs. Im not the smallest guy in the world and i like a good sized guitar. Hagstroms are huge and i like that, which was one of the reasons i was going to buy a swede.

There should be some demos popping up on youtube of the New Dawn Visionary as well as the Iconic. The LP's are traditional size. Our new guitar coming out is a wider double cut, you may want to look at those when they arrive.

Archived