What other sites do you guys go to to sell guitars?

2pacHendrix

• Members

I'm on TGP and HC and I'm not going to feebay anytime soon, so I was wondering what other sites are there to sell guitars? I've been trying to sell for a while and I have been patient, but I was just wondering if there are more sites I could list my stuff.

Thanks guys,

:wave:

• Members

I've had the best luck with Craigslist. Expect a lot of tire-kicking and one-off emails, but I prefer CL because it's free, I can get paid in cash, and it stays local.

cl is great, but like you said, there are a bunch of tire kickers and usually I have to repost a bunch before anyone takes an interest. I've had great success on cl, but the thing I don't like about it is only advertised to locals. Like on here and TGP your ad is shown to people across the nation, yeah, you have to ship, but atleast it got sold.

Any other suggestions?

• Members

Ebay is where I sell stuff if I actually want to sell it.

Absolutely. I've probably sold 100 guitars on eBay over the years and actually made money on a few of them. You just have to understand how to do it to maximize the auction. Crappy pics, and a description that sounds like you hate the thing don't get it...

• Members

Absolutely. I've probably sold 100 guitars on eBay over the years and actually
made
money on a few of them. You just have to understand how to do it to maximize the auction. Crappy pics, and a description that sounds like you hate the thing don't get it...

Well, I only go to eBay if I have a fender or other sought after guitar. Right now I'm trying to sell a 60's jap hollowbody and a custom strat, and I'm not sure if people would be searching for those. I don't know if they would sell on ebay and I really don't want to risk the fees.

• Members

Well, I only go to eBay if I have a fender or other sought after guitar. Right now I'm trying to sell a 60's jap hollowbody and a custom strat, and I'm not sure if people would be searching for those. I don't know if they would sell on ebay and I really don't want to risk the fees.

Japanese guitars seem to do pretty well on eBay. Not sure about the custom strat, but if you have really good pics and sell it, you might do well, depending on whether it's really a good guitar.

• Members

Listing fees are still cheap for eBay.

It's when the item sells that they get you good - both in final value fees and with PayPal.

That said, you can usually sell anything on eBay - even in these tough times - a lot quicker than the free forums. Just price it fairly, take good pics, and give a good description of the item. Japanese guitars will do as good there as anywhere.

• Members

the initial fees would only be a few bucks.

• Members

well, that isn't very long, only 4 business days. I certainly wouldn't be concerned yet, unless it is a 0 feedback bidder.

The only reason I'm concerned is because the dude is Australian, and the last Aussie I sold something to was problematic. I got paid, but it took a while.

Archived