Another guitar related injury, sympathy and stories needed

CompleteGuitard

• Members

Well, I'm home from the ER. I spent most of the evening at my buddy's place playing songs with about 4 friends. The end of the night came and while I was packing up I dropped my telecaster on my right foot. The strap pin landed right on my 2nd toe. Its broken in 2 places and hurts more than I can express through text

Damn you telecaster.

Make me feel less embarassed here, whats the worst you guys have managed to hurt yourself with a nice heavy guitar?

• Members

Hope your injury heals up soon!

My pinky on my fretting hand was crushed in the hinge side of a heavy door about 15 years ago. I lost the joint nearest the tip, it's a couple millimeters shorter than it was, and when I make a fist, the finger overlaps my ring finger. It's got a little Harry Potter-like scar on the top, though (yipee). I'll have to post a picture someday.

My fingers were stubby already, so this makes some chords a real stretch for me.

--:blah:bbs

• Members

bones heal. But you probably save a pretty big dent in that guitar by catching it with your foot.

I had a guitar where the same thing happened but it landed square on the ground, not my foot. That's when I discovered it was plywood. Still have the guitar but I destroyed the value of it (Martin SG from the 70's).

-Mc