Ask EG

foo_fighter

• Members

I'm sure all of my fellow HCEG forumites would like to ask this question, but are afraid to.... at least I've never seen a thread discussing it.... anyway, here goes.... Gibson has established themselves as the "King of Electric Guitars." But don't you think they are a bit overpriced, their quality has slipped, (and here's the biggie) don't you think an Epiphone or an Agile could be just as good with a few upgrades?

• Members

don't you think an Epiphone or an Agile could be just as good with a few upgrades?

The problem (which i hate as much as the next guy) is, if you have an epiphone, you play it, upgrade it, are happy with it, but then you watch a rock dvd of ac/dc where angus young is running around with his real gibson sg, or a Who concert watching pete run around with his real gibsons.. and then you are a little sad that you don't have a 'real' gibson. gibson are well aware of this of course. all the rock stars of the past have made gibson into a strong, dominating, relentless force, and if you want in, and you want to advertise them on your headstock... you got's to pay!

bankers_416635.jpg

Archived