Peavey T-30 : Squire Killer

Wyzsard

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Other than peavey, it is impossible to find a usa built guitar for less than $200

fuk panda land

Defies logic don't it ? Squire Affinities fly off the hangers at 130 bucks and are worth about 75 bucks used. A 80's Peavey at 150 bucks hangs on the wall for months before grabs it. And If you don't like it, you can get your money back or more.

nuts

• Members

I'll say one thing for this T-30 I have. The 2 piece rock maple neck must be strong as all get out. I went to adjust the truss rod and the nut and washer are gone. And tuned standard w/9's, the neck's relief is fine. A tad more relief than I like, but it's awful close to spec.

Maybe it's the short scale ?

• Members

Very nice wood on that guitar. I really liked the old T-40 bass I once owned, same color and grain...but yours is way nicer. It was heavy as hell and the neck was super thick but it sounded great....I ended up selling it in 1994. It had a blue smurf on it...so if you ever run into it tell smurfs I says hey will ya?

Just a question (?)

Who used to build the old Peavey USA made guitars? And why can't they still build them?

Seems they knew what they were doing but I heard later that they had sold out or faltered financially?

• Members

Very nice wood on that guitar. I really liked the old T-40 bass I once owned, same color and grain...but yours is way nicer. It was heavy as hell and the neck was super thick but it sounded great....I ended up selling it in 1994. It had a blue smurf on it...so if you ever run into it tell smurfs I says hey will ya?

Just a question (?)

Who used to build the old Peavey USA made guitars? And why can't they still build them?

Seems they knew what they were doing but I heard later that they had sold out or faltered financially?

Thanks,

Peavey made them. They could re-issue them, but the price would be high.

Hartley speaks....

http://www.peavey.com/support/corporate/hartley.cfm

• Members

The word is definitely out on the quality of the old peaveys. I've noticed quite a price spike on evilbay lately for any of the old USA guits. Glad I got my predator when I did.

I came very close to buying a preadator off cl about 2 weeks ago. 125 bucks w/ohsc. I should have grabbed it. I think it was a '96.

• 10 years later...

Archived