Peavey T-30 : Squire Killer

Wyzsard

• Members

I bought this yesterday. 83' T-30 clean as they come, save for 3 minuscule dings.

PeaveyT30001.jpg

PeaveyT30007.jpg

PeaveyT30011.jpg

PeaveyT30023.jpg

Here are a few specs

-Short scale 23 1/2"

-Vintage Kluson style tuners stamped Peavey Trulock

- 2 piece bi-laminated Rock Maple neck

-12" radius

-18% nickel silver frets

Easiest playing guitar I've ever held. Can't wait to see how this thing is wired. Huge range of tones. I'm losing interest in my Squier CV strats already, and I've only played it a half hour.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As a teen in the late 80's these were in every pawnshop window.

I played a couple and they sounded great.

The body style never appealed to me (if a Mosrite raped a Strat and a child was conceived). :freak:

I always did love the "razorblade" headstock shape though :thu:

• Members

The Squier CV's are supposed to be pretty decent guitars, Virg.

Don't go all cork-sniffery on us.

I only play high-end guitars like Johnsons.

;)

Harland Peavey wouldn't get too excited hearing his guitars compared to Squiers.

Even SXs get compared to Flenbers now and then.

• Members

Congrats!

(o)(o)

I have a T-60 guitar and a T-40 bass, and a Fury I bass (almost exactly same design as a T-20). Old Peavey USA is solid stuff.

How much was the T-30?

I paid 175 for it. A bit on the high end of the scale, but I don't think whoever had it ever played it much. ohsc, manual, even the warranty card envelope. I offered 150, but they said no. It just grabbed me so well, I didn't care. I'd have paid 200 for it.

I had a T-40 back in the day. Heavy beast. The T-60, I haven't played, but they look sharp. I had a Peavey Foundation 5 that I liked a lot.

• Members

I had one of those for a couple of years, in the hopes that the daughter would play it:

P1060763.jpg

In the event, she never did. I did enjoy playing it, and found it had a great combination of strat and heavier tones. They're a lot of fun and built like tanks, but the neck is a bit 'crowded'.

• Members

The Squier CV's are supposed to be pretty decent guitars, Virg.

Don't go all cork-sniffery on us.

My bad on the typo.

Hey I have 2 Squier CV's, the 50's and 60's. Not knocking them, but this thing will get any tone that the CV's will and more. I'll be selling one of the CV's now.

• Members

I only play high-end guitars like Johnsons.

;)

Harland Peavey wouldn't get too excited hearing his guitars compared to Squiers.

Even SXs get compared to Flenbers now and then.

lol, my point is that the old USA Peaveys are better guitars than the best of the ones coming form panda land.

But if it makes ya feel better I'll say this. The Peavey T-30 blows away any mia Fender short scale Strat :cool:

• Members

I paid 175 for it. A bit on the high end of the scale, but I don't think whoever had it ever played it much. ohsc, manual, even the warranty card envelope. I offered 150, but they said no. It just grabbed me so well, I didn't care. I'd have paid 200 for it.

I had a T-40 back in the day. Heavy beast. The T-60, I haven't played, but they look sharp. I had a Peavey Foundation 5 that I liked a lot.

I think that's a decent price for one in such good condition with all those extras.

A few months ago I paid $275 for my T-40 w/ohsc. My T-60 I bought 5 or 6 years ago when they had just started to go up, $200 w/ohsc (it's a black one and the colors and bursts usually fetch a little more). Earlier this year I paid $125 for the T-20-like Fury bass, but w/no case or bag.

• Members

$175 isn't that bad considering the condition and that it came with the OHSC. You don;t see t-30's around that much compared to the rest of teh T line.

Archived