Revamped my #1

Alchemist

• Members

Hi all..... havent posted in many many months....

I recently overhauled my best guitar, and thought I would share the results.

This is a custom shop ESP vintage plus and it originally was HSS with a JB in the bridge, and two dimarzio virtual singles in mid and neck.... it was a great feeling and playing guitar but the tone wasnt 100% what I had in mind.

I stuck some Van Zandt vintage plus (this was just coincidence, I didnt buy them to match the name of the guitar) singles, overhauled the wiring... and it is now a perfect strat (for me).

Heres some pics, I will do some clips and videos when I can get around to it :)

001-9.jpg

007-8.jpg

005-6.jpg

• Members

Welcome back.

You didn't miss anything here.

Cool Strat BTW. Do you still have the G&L too?

Thanks

No, I dont have it anymore sadly. I do miss it, but I cant afford both financially and space wise to have too many guitars, so it had to go in favour of this ESP which is more of a traditional strat. One day I will have G&L make me another one of those strats again.... or if I come up with more money than I have sense, I will get Suhr or ESP CS to make me one haha

• Members

Cool finish! Is it stock? Looks sweet. ESP makes some nice axes for sure. I have not heard mention of Van Z pups in ages. They used to be the "it" pup many moons ago. Good stuff:thu:

Ya, Like Pete said, nothing new around here but still....post away dude!

The guitar is an ESP custom shop, so it is not so much stock as the guitar was built to order, but yes it did come with the guitar. I havent heard of Van Zandt pups in a long time either, but as I was searching for the best pups for this guitar (without spending $400+), I ran across them again and the description of the Vintage Plus were exactly what I was looking for..... thankfully they did not dissapoint!

• Members
The guitar is an ESP custom shop, so it is not so much stock as the guitar was built to order, but yes it did come with the guitar. I havent heard of Van Zandt pups in a long time either, but as I was searching for the best pups for this guitar (without spending $400+), I ran across them again and the description of the Vintage Plus were exactly what I was looking for..... thankfully they did not dissapoint!

Cool!:rawk:

Archived