Gettin new PUps in the Tobias... any ideas?

crowguitar

• Members

Finally decided to bite the bullet and get new pups for my cherished Tobias guitar. Some dumbass "repair" tech messed up the internal Bartolini preamp system while doing a simple solder job (one cable, I was young & scared to do it myself...stupid me)

Been using it for the past few months without the preamps or tone knobs, just Pups directly into Volume and out. Just the switch, thats it.

The original Bartolini's were stacked single/buckers. Good sounding but without the electronics they sound like ass.

I'm looking for a beefy single coil (possibly stacked bucker) that maybe even includes a preamp boost section. The inside of the guitar is already routed for it but not sure what to go for.

Any suggestions? I know you guys love modding and fiddling with new gear... Help a brotha out. ;)

IMG_3818-1.jpg

• Members

Awk....this is a six string bass?

um.. NO. Its a guitar.

And I've been talkin to TJ from Bartolini for the past 2 years off and on trying to get parts for this. They dont make the preamps, pickups or booster section AT ALL anymore. So either way I'd have to start from scratch. Had the Bartolini guys combing thru their warehouse for awhile to no avail so Im just gonna have to move on and go another route.

Archived