DTUNA issue

Mercenary

• Members

i received a EVH d tuna today for my axis. i followed the instructions to a tee. when its allt he way out its in perfect D tuning, however when i push it in, the most it will go to is D#, only a half step higher. what is going on here? i have even tried both screws that were included in the set.

• Members

I had this problem with certain brands of strings. With GHS strings, I get the problem you describe. Switched to Ernie Ball, the problem was gone. Same guage. weird.

Sometimes I just used an Ernie Ball low E and GHS for the other five strings.

• Members

The d-tuna works perfectly fine if you know how to set it up. I had one on my Axis years ago and it worked just fine. The only problem you will have is if you're bridge is set up to float, then it will not work at all...

• Members

it stays in perfect tune in the OUT D position, but when i push it in to get to standard E, it only gets half way between D# and E

Then you need to turn the micro tuner on the side clockwise until you get to E (while it is pushed in).

• Members

Then you need to turn the micro tuner on the side clockwise until you get to E (while it is pushed in).

i know, but i have to turn it so much that the D tuna isnt able to be pulled out back to D haha

and to the guy above me, the trem only goes down, it doesnt go up.

img56086992.gif

^ THAts my bridge

• Members

i know, but i have to turn it so much that the D tuna isnt able to be pulled out back to D haha

img56086992.gif

^ THAts my bridge

When you are dropped to D, with all the strings in tune, then you push in the D-Tuna to E, do the other strings stay in tune? Or, are they going flat?

• Members

img56086992.gif

^ THAts my bridge

Only other thing is that the fine tuner on that string is supposed to be backed out as far as possible (just touching the locking screw) when pulled out to D.

If that doesn't work, and you've tried both lengths of the locking screws that came with it, I don't know...

Are you using a relatively normal string gauge (9s or 10s)?

• Members

Only other thing is that the fine tuner on that string is supposed to be backed out as far as possible (just touching the locking screw) when pulled out to D.

If that doesn't work, and you've tried both lengths of the locking screws that came with it, I don't know...

Are you using a relatively normal string gauge (9s or 10s)?

its a brand new guitar so im using whatever the factory string gauge is. 9????i think

• Members

My Wolfgang's D-Tuna is a little sharp when I drop it to D, however that's nothing a half turn of the fine tuner can't fix.

If you can do that, it technically isn't set up correctly. The manual says the fine tuner should be backed out all the way to it barely touches the locking screw. If it is set up like that and you are a little sharp when dropped to D, you shouldn't be able to back it out any farther than it already is...

Archived