Body: Flamed Maple top/back/sides

Frets: Medium frets

Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood

Inlay: Artcore Custom

Bridge: ART1 bridge

PUs: IBZ Custom 58 humbuckers

Hardware color: Gold

Others: with hardshell case

There is only one way to choose. It all comes down to the neck. One being prettier than the other is personal preference and changing the sound by changing the pickups is a no brainier. Everything can be upgraded or modded. The only deal breaker is the neck and they are both very different. Pick the neck you like best.

• Members

Most of the folks on this poll voted for the Sheri because you can find them at most shops...the AS103NT on the other hand...you don't find hanging in a lot of stores at all...

most people voted for the Sherri because it's a better guitar than the gaudy Ibanez.

• Members

Here, let me make it more difficult for you.

Here's my Sherry. Everything was modded. Sorry, but no Ibanez would match up to it, neither could any Gibson. After having it for a few years, I finally sold it when I found a Yamaha SA2200, that was the only semi hollow I ever found that played, felt and sounded better.

This was an old Korean model but I've tried a few of the new Chinese and found them to be even better. Epiphone has really picked up their quality in the last couple of years.,

family1s.jpg

slsherry2.jpg

I'm not saying the Ibanez are bad guitars, pretty decent really. My only problem is with their necks. Although I think the width is perfect, they lack the necessary depth (or girth)

• Members

Before I purchased, I played somewhere around 35 different semis, from a $200 epi studio dot (which I liked a good bit) to a $3500 335. I liked the Sherton but after I played the Ibanez AS103, there was no comparison for me. The 103 fit and finish was a step above the epi and super 58's are much clearer and more versatile pups. As for the 103 being gaudy, beauty is in the eye of beholder. But appearance (while important to some) has nothing to do with quality. The 103 I bought was a better, higher quality guitar than every epi I played; and several 335's!

Ed

• Members

Another option for you would be to order
both
. Play them for a week and keep the one
you
like best. Return the other.

Believe me, your preference in necks will make or break the deal. The rest as you saw, is all cosmetic.

Good idea, but it will be difficult for me to return an order since I live outside US... Actually, I haven't experience returning any item from online orders. All of them weren't defected nor having any problems.

Archived