Anyone Using a Timefactor?

BG76

• Members

I got a Timefactor last week, plugged it in and decided to sell it or return it.

I decided to give it another shot last night and actually read the manual. Now that I have I am ditching the delay I have had since probably 1990 (Ibanez AD-9) and will probably never use my Echoplex again either.

I am not really one for the modeling stuff, but since this was from Eventide I gave it a try.

The vintage delay is spot on to my Ibanez. I can put them side by side and not really tell which is the other. You can make it fatter/dirtier if you want.

The Tape Echo is great. You can control the tape speed and even the amount of wow and flutter. So it can sound like a nice echoplex or one with an old tape.

I am running mainly through a 60s Marshall JTM-50 combo amp and an old 50s Fender Deluxe. Neither have reverb and there is a reverb type delay that lets you add some of that.

All in all, it's a little pricey ($340) but it does a lot, lets you switch between two presets on the fly, choose bypass type (buffer, true, etc...).

There are stereo ins and outs and also a Line/Amp switch, so you can use this in your recording rig as well.

When you figure in all it does it's a deal!

You can also control any knob voa expression pedal and do midi in to sync your tempos.

Lastly, I should say it's easy to get a good sound out of, but you do need to use the manual at first. After you get the basic idea of how it works it's easy.

If you're looking for a delay check it out.

Archived