Bad Tone Day = Good Tone Day

Les Paul Lover

• Members

Yeah.

Sometimes I wonder if its all in my head and other times I'm convinced it's a valve thing. I think maybe valves respond a lot to changes in the invironment-

:idk:

Writing it down makes me wonder if I need to go back to the hospital.:freak:

Happens a lot less now with my Engl than it did with the Marshall I previously owned.

• Members

The tube gods were angry. You miss a sacrifice recently?

EG

Mmhh. Yeah I have missed a few lately....

My neighbours are getting twitchy, their cats keep vanishing.

I'll have to do one tonight then. It's a shame, their young daughter gets very upset every time one disappears, but, hey, can't be helped really.... :idk:

Valves.jpg

• Members

Yes - I have had that many times with tube amps. Some days, in the same room, same guitar, same settings sounds {censored}ty. Other days, glorious. I think it is also related to how much the valves have warmed up...

... but I also believe there may be some gremlins involved.

GoblinBW.jpg

• Members

Yes - I have had that many times with tube amps. Some days, in the same room, same guitar, same settings sounds {censored}ty. Other days, glorious. I think it is also related to how much the valves have warmed up...

... but I also believe there may be some gremlins involved.

GoblinBW.jpg

Must the the gremlins and the gods causing mayhem.

If I catch that gremlin, I'm sacrificing it!!!!! :mad:

But valve, however long you warm them up for, end up at the "ideal" working temperature, don't they?

In this cold weather, I tend to let them warm up for about 5mn at least anyway, just being extra cautious, and thenturn the amp without a guitar plugged in to warm it up further.

Should work the same everytime?

I reckon I just was in crappy mood/tired/hungover. :confused:

Archived