How'd I do? (PRS content)

lovellintn

• Members

Never played one, but I've heard exceedingly good reports of them in terms of tone, build quality, playability and all the usual stuff. The absence of a tone control would worry me, though.

To be honest, I'd probably have gone for a Soapbar or Soapbar II because P90s can get pretty sharp without a tone pot. From the sound of it you got a good deal on the price, though.

• Members

A single P-90 is a classic "rock" setup... If that's what you play, it should be a lot of fun!

You may also be able to reduce the brightness a bit by simply rolling back the volume pot... but a dual volume / tone replacement pot would keep the stripped down look, but provide more tonal options.

When I'm using my EPI P-90's bridge pickup for rock tones, I pretty much keep my tone on 10... it's hard to beat that edgy, gutsy blast of P-90 rawness. Just think "Mississippi Queen"!

The necks are almost always great playing on the PRS SE's, so if you like the tone, you're probably going to like everything about that guitar.

If not, your purchase price was so low, that you could easily flip it to someone else... and maybe even make a few bucks. :D

Have fun with it!

M

Archived