Help epiphone lespaul tribute or Agile Al-3000 or 3100 lp copy

Chunkytele

• Members

:facepalm:
:facepalm:

Get a used LP Studio and you're set.

Why the facepalm over Agile?

I dunno...LP Studios are OK, but they're just...plain, like a solid-color T-shirt. Do you wear a white T-shirt onstage? No, you wear something with a little flash, a little style.

• Members

I dunno...LP Studios are OK, but they're just...plain, like a solid-color T-shirt. Do you wear a white T-shirt onstage? No, you wear something with a little flash, a little style.

a gibson LP in and of itself has style. I personally prefer the finish on mine to the usual bursts. The bursts are definitely nice but they are too common for me. In the month or so that I've had my faded LP I've gotten more comments about the guitar itself than I had about my black epi LP (custom with gold hardware) in the last 3 or 4 years combined. Most people have said something to the effect that they like it and you don't see LPs that look like that too often.

Then again, I realize that's just my personal preference. I tend to like guitars that are just slightly removed from the norm. I like fadeds, spalteds, etc.. I love my flamekat's appearance, I also have a custom guitar that's a clear plexi body shaped like a PRS. For me, style comes partly from having something you don't see every day.

• Members

Having been in a similar situation, I'd suggest the Agile 3K series on up.

The Epi Tributes have an asymetrical neck carve that I personally didnt' like.

When you factor in the reliability of the band, the coin, and getting something to satisfy LP tones, the Agile comes out the winner.

All that said, you might even like the stock pickups. Realistically, they're probably off the same line as all the imports you own...

But yeah, the Agile will meet your needs.

• Members

My LP Studio (Lite) is one of my flashier guitars:

1439720045_de5639a793_o.jpg

btw Chunkytele, these can be had pretty cheap used. :thu:

I'd have no problem recommending an Agile as well. From a quality standpoint, they are EXCELLENT. Not much in the way of resale, though :idk:

• Members

Lots of cheap Studios on CL these days. $600-$800 pretty much all the time. I guess it depends where you live, of course. Where I live there seems to be a couple for sale within an hours drive all the time. If you can afford it, go with a used Studio. Best re-sale also, if the band goes south.

Archived