Help epiphone lespaul tribute or Agile Al-3000 or 3100 lp copy

Chunkytele

• Members

After 2 years I am getting fairly regular gigs with a group of decent bandmembers.Unfortunately My tele and strat ( as much as a love em')don't cut it for several of the covers.

I seriously need an Les Paul to cover 6 of our regular tunes. However, My budget limits me to a copy. Plus the band can go south so I am cautious with my few $$$.

Can you forumites help me with 2 unknowns I can't demo? Agile AL 3100 and Epiphone Trubute Les Paul. I am not good at mods so I depend on my playing and amp adjustments for tone.

I have already tried the following

ESP ec -1000 - too hard to tame for the mellow stuff

my PRS singlecut sounds whiny for the heavy stuff

epip custom -was not well constructed

Ibanez Art100- great price, great contruction sound not well defined muffled highs

.your thoughts please,:idea:

• Members

I sold the LP studio early 2008. I need to update my sig. Money was tight and the Hot Rod 4/10 and the Les paul studio were casualities. I regret selling it. In 2005 they were less than $1000. now the used ones are about $1000.

Now that I make a few pennies playing again I can pursue a quality copy

• Members

ok, so what's your budget?

Isn't the epi tribute quite a bit more $$$ than the agile?

The epi tribute is 799.00. For the exact same price you can get a gibson studio faded. If you're up for trying to haggle, you can probably get one for 700.00 shipped or out the door. I'd go with the gibson.

• Members

to all

Pre economic meltdown

The Practice

American Telecaster

60's Classic Player Stratocaster

Gibson LP Studio

American Stratocaster

Baja Telecaster

PRS SE Singlecut

Ibanez Artcore AM73 w/PAFs

Ibanez Acoustic AW800

Fender P Bass Deluxe

Amps

Fender Hot Rod Deville 4/10

Fender Hot Rod Deville 2/12

Fender London Reverb AW800

Post Economic meltdown ( and a frugal wife!)

The Practice

American Telecaster

60's Classic Player Stratocaster

American Stratocaster

PRS SE Singlecut

Ibanez Artcore AM73 w/PAFs

Ibanez Acoustic AW800

Fender P Bass Deluxe

Squier Classic Vibe Jazz Bass

Amps

Fender Hot Rod Deville 2/12

Fender London Reverb

Line 6 Low Down

and gigless for 2 years ( I thought it was over)

• Members

ok, so what's your budget?

Isn't the epi tribute quite a bit more $$$ than the agile?

The epi tribute is 799.00. For the exact same price you can get a gibson studio faded. If you're up for trying to haggle, you can probably get one for 700.00 shipped or out the door. I'd go with the gibson.

$800 at the most But I would love decent at $600

• Members

$800 at the most But I would love decent at $600

so grab one of the gibson studio fadeds. The cherry or mahogany ones come with burstbucker pros. The satin black comes with a 498/490 combo.

Like I said, they list at 799.00. You can probably haggle your way to 700 or even less.

• Members

never met a song I can't play on a strat - put in a humbucker in the bridge.

I agree with you to an extent. my bandmates are pushing of a certain sound. Since I am a welcomed guest that did not have to invest in the PA, lights and recording equipment I am willing to do my part to contribute. plus I stay away for mods

• Members

so grab one of the gibson studio fadeds. The cherry or mahogany ones come with burstbucker pros. The satin black comes with a 498/490 combo.

Like I said, they list at 799.00. You can probably haggle your way to 700 or even less.

that makes sense I will see what out there...Thanks

• Members

Yeah, I bet they'd have a hard time saying "No" if you walk into a store with 7 Benjamins.

• Members

Yeah, I bet they'd have a hard time saying "No" if you walk into a store with 7 Benjamins.

I actually got mine online for under 700.00. I also happen to know that dealer cost on those is somewhere between 560.00 and 580.00, and possibly even less for the ultra high volume dealers like MF/M123. Lots of haggle room there.

• Members

You get more bang for the buck with an Agile. With Gibson, at least 40% of the price is the name. I have an agile AL-3500 and it blows away about every LP ive played. Agiles are for the most part fine guitars, and in my opinion, their 3000 and up guitars are much better than anything epi or gibson offers under a $1000, probably even more.

• Members

You get more bang for the buck with an Agile. With Gibson, at least 40% of the price is the name. I have an agile AL-3500 and it blows away about every LP ive played. Agiles are for the most part fine guitars, and in my opinion, their 3000 and up guitars are much better than anything epi or gibson offers under a $1000, probably even more.

I am intrigued by the Agile price with decent pups thru a good tube amp , might be enough for the spot duty the band requires. I will always prefer to play fenders. yet I love the LP sound. My PRS singlecut sounds great but when you increase the volumes to the gig level there is a major difference between a PRS and an LP. Also when we mic the Hot Rod deville with the PRS on the clean channel. The PRS sound closer to a fender than a Gibson.

• Members

:facepalm::facepalm:

Get a used LP Studio and you're set.

Archived