Mixer recorder?!?!?

danxrs05

• Members

Ok.

On my previous post I was explaining that I own a M-Audio Fast TRack to record at home and that now I'm fuc**ed because it only has one input.

Is it possible for me to buy just a mixer, plug in my 3-4 mics and send that to a Fast- Track...

Or something similar?!?!

Or does a mixer exists with a record out?

Or I should just end up buying an interface with 4-6-8 inputs?

Help a newbie! :lol:

• Members

You can plug a mixer into your current setup, but you'll be recording all your tracks onto one track of recording, so you won't be able to do anything with it after it's recorded as far as mixing goes.

There are some mixers out there that have USB or Firewire ports, so the mixer acts as a recording interface.

I know both Mackie and Alesis make mixers like this. Probably a bunch of others too.

• Members
That's what I do.

Musicroom4.jpg

Am in a similar spot as the OP. Do you run mixer output cables into your interface and speakers from your interface? Or do you run speaker direct off your mixer? I was hoping to only have to run one set of monitors/speakers.

Thanks for any advice!

• Members

Am in a similar spot as the OP. Do you run mixer output cables into your interface and speakers from your interface? Or do you run speaker direct off your mixer? I was hoping to only have to run one set of monitors/speakers.

Thanks for any advice!

This is a very well specified mixer designed especially for computer recording.

Balanced recorded signal to the front of the A/I, analog signal out at the rear of A/I into the mixer's "playback in" input, Mixed signal out the "monitor" output into the active monitors. Headphones can be balanced between DAW and recorded signal. The audio interface is connected to a PCI card in the computer. this thing is exactly what i needed. I'm lucky i found it. I believe many diferent things work depending on your specific needs. I'm just a hobby musician.

Archived