Think a Dirty Fingers too unbalanced to pair with a 57C?

V-man

• Members

I have a 57Classic in gold and nobody on earth has a 57+ in gold, so with my project coming close to being finished, I'm wondering if I shouldn't take a different direction, should a 57+ not materialize anytime soon. I thought the BB3 might be a contender for the bridge, but I am not very enthused about it's lack of wax potting, and even those and the covered BB Pros don't seem to be showing up at prices that compel me to deviate from my 57C/57+ plan.

Then I thought about the DF. I have at least 3 guitars that I could consider dropping it in if I don't like it in the project, but the most glaring issue for me is whether the high output will be a good match for the mild 57C. I think the 57Cs are around 8K Ohm and the vintage DFs are 15K. Anybody know what the reissue rates at?

What do you think about pairing these?

• Members

you gonna get the DF with gold screws to match your gold 57 Classic? I don't see why that would be much different than doing a JB/Jazz or 59 set. It's basically just putting a hotter bridge pickup with a cleaner neck pickup. You may have to keep the height lower on the pickup to volume balance against the neck.

Archived