I ♥ my cheap tele, but thinking of moving up.

twofoolsaminute

• Members

Do I understand right? Is the Hwy 1 tele USA made? If so...why such a low price?

It has cheaper parts than the other USA models, and the finish is a satin deal. Some people can't seem to bond with that finish so you may want to be careful. I really like satin finishes myself.

Also, I have read that they are assembled in Mexico, I don't know how true that is though.

• Members

I dunno, man. If you love your current tele, why mess with it?

The thing about teles is that they're pretty hard to screw up, y'know? it's the most basic of guitars, so good ones are easy to find everywhere in teh price range.

In short: don't overthink things. don't mess with a good thing!

• Members
Keep the Jay Turser, it's always good to have a backup. No sense in selling a guitar you know you love for one you might, maybe, love more.

^This. There's nothing wrong with a cheap tele! C'mon, it's just a plank with strings (according to Gibson, back when it came out, but what do they know, THEIR first solidbody went out of production). I have no desire to buy an upscale tele, my cheapies are all I need.
P1000142.jpg

Oh waitaminute, the OP said something about traditional, here's my traditional tele shot:
P1000154.jpg

Archived