0.0105 Strings...Anyone?

axegrinder

• Members

For you guys who have tried 10.5 guage strings, how do you do it? Do you buy full sets based on 10.5 guage, or do you customize your string set by buying individual 10.5 guage strings?

I normally play D'Addario XL 10 guage strings on 25.5" scale guitars. I have tried 11 guage and didn't really like it, mostly because the B string is heavier making those full step note bends a bitch. I haven't tried the 10.5 set yet, but really all I am after is some volume and heft from that high E string...especially on Gibson scale guitars.

What experiences can you share with mixing and experimenting different string guages?

• Members
For you guys who have tried 10.5 guage strings, how do you do it? Do you buy full sets based on 10.5 guage, or do you customize your string set by buying individual 10.5 guage strings?

I normally play D'Addario XL 10 guage strings on 25.5" scale guitars. I have tried 11 guage and didn't really like it, mostly because the B string is heavier making those full step note bends a bitch. I haven't tried the 10.5 set yet, but really all I am after is some volume and heft from that high E string...especially on Gibson scale guitars.

What experiences can you share with mixing and experimenting different string guages?

I like to bring my top string up a gauge or two compared to most sets. Really beefs up the notes on the top string, especially up the neck a little.

• Members
I like to bring my top string up a gauge or two compared to most sets. Really beefs up the notes on the top string, especially up the neck a little.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I am happy with 10's for the most part, but buying single 10.5's and tossing the 10 out of each set seems wasteful...just wondered what others do.

• Members
That's exactly what I was thinking. I am happy with 10's for the most part, but buying single 10.5's and tossing the 10 out of each set seems wasteful...just wondered what others do.

I buy all my electric strings in multi-paks of single gauges and put my own sets together. the multi-paks are pretty cheap.

Archived