Question about loud concerts

scolfax

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shows have gotten ridiculously loud. The loudest I can think of is probably Van Halen on the '07/'08 tour. I saw the show 3 times. The first time, I had forgotten my earplugs. I did the cigarette butt into the ears trick so I didn't have to hold my ears for the whole show. The other 2 times, I made sure I had my earplugs handy.

The other band that comes to mind is AC/DC. Saw them in '94 I think, from about 10 rows back, right in front of the big cannon. When they fired the cannon, my vision blurred it was so loud.

• Members

I have T from exposure to loud music. I was in Liverpool just before Christmas and went along to one of the Cavern Club pubs that do live music. A three piece band were playing...loud. Luckily I had my plugs but noticed hardly no one else did. Many were leaving as were many coming in. I just wonder how many of them are suffering today. I keep a pair of plugs in my guitar case and a spare pair on my dressing table to pick up whenever I go out. You never know how useful they could be.

Archived