Epiphone resale value..

timme_v

• Members

I think there's a pretty good chance you'd get more for it if you put the stock bridge pickup back in and sell the Invader separately.

More than anything, I think there are a lot of folks out there that hate the idea of a modded guitar and personally the Invader would be one of the last name brand pickups I'd ever want in a Les Paul.

:idk:

Not sure what the conversion rate is between AUS $$ and American $$, but if that was on my local craigslist for over $300, I probably wouldn't be interested at all. For $250, I very well might be.

• Members

If you buy guitars as an investment tool there is a bridge about 75 miles west of Tampa Fl you should also look into.

They hold their value better than a lot of consumer items....like cars, computers, home electronics.....I've owned guitars that I've got to play for 10years and then sold at a huge profit.

You could do a lot worse in this economy.

• Members

Epi's are a gamble. You buy one on line and you might get a piece of {censored} or one that is acceptible. I have struck out with them several times and only once got a keeper and that was an LP God Top. Never ever get your money back if you want to sell it unless you bought one several years ago and it is cherry shape and in demand, like the John Lennon {censored}.

• Members

Not very many guitars hold great resale value, mainly vintage and limited runs.

Even USA made stuff takes a hit out the door, unless it is something in high demand with limited supply (as with everything).

I practically couldn't give my King V away when I tried to sell it last month. It's a buyer's market right now.

I've also been watching ebay auctions for Epi LP customs lately. I saw two with hard cases go for under $400, and they are $700 new without the case.

Archived