Severe Agile PS-970 Amber Problem

Brewski

• Members

I love the irony of this thread. People talk about poor quality of Gibson guitars, especially the design of the neck and how it breaks. And how Agile is the better instrument at budget prices. Now it looks like a good number of these Agile guitars have a real design problem, in all places, the neck.

For the guitar, try the cheap solution above and if it doesn't work, make a clock out of it - you got 4 1/2 years of great play out of a cheap guitar!! Not bad considering the money spent and likely the hours played - you're way ahead.

• Members

I wonder how that happened? The only thing that I can think of is that the glue used for the scarf joint has broken down (duh), but is this an environmental thing from severe changes in humidity or temperature, or is it just the fact that the glue was not up to the job.

I hope you get it fixed...in fact, I'm certain that you will. Someone, somewhere will have the skills to do that repair without it costing you a bundle. Don't let it ruin your weekend:-)

• Members

brewski, another alternative would be to sand down the entire neck to rid of it from any finish. leave it a natural finish to help you shred even faster. ibanez necks have that, and they work just fine.

I love the irony of this thread. People talk about poor quality of Gibson guitars, especially the design of the neck and how it breaks. And how Agile is the better instrument at budget prices. Now it looks like a good number of these Agile guitars have a real design problem, in all places, the neck.

For the guitar, try the cheap solution above and if it doesn't work, make a clock out of it - you got 4 1/2 years of great play out of a cheap guitar!! Not bad considering the money spent and likely the hours played - you're way ahead.

:p no one is comparing lower end agiles to gibsons. even then, the PS agile guitars are not a true representative of PRS in the sense that a lot of them have maple necks, while most prs guitars have mahogany necks. the PS1000 or the PS4000 would be far better in comparison.

as for gibson and agile, the AL3000, AL3100, AL3500, and AL4000 are completly different guitars. for starters, one piece mahogany neck, some come with maple caps, ebony fret boards yada yada yada

• Members

Now it looks like a good number of these Agile guitars have a real design problem, in all places, the neck.

a good number? this is the only one ive ever seen. the overwhelming majority of all angled headstock guitars every made have had scarved necks, and this is not a common problem.

if its truely separating at the joint and not just cracking the finish, then something wasnt prepped right at the factory before gluing.

i dont see irony in one out of tens of thousands of agiles having a serious issue.

at least the headstock doesnt snap off when you breath on it. :p

• Members

contact Kyle (guitarzan1143). He is an incredible craftsman from what I have seen of his builds. He is in Stafford VA which isn't terribly far from Southern MD if you come over the Potomac on Rt 301 and then take 17 North.

Bruce, I have Kyle's number if you want to see what he recommends. You already know what I recommend.

Archived