Help - Fender Custom Shop Special Edition Custom Classic Stratocaster

yell03

• Members

Does anybody know about this guitar?

I bought a Fender Custom Classic Strat about two weeks ago, but now I have my eyes on this one.

Musicians Friend sells it for $1999

It has different pick-ups, but I don't know anyone who owns one.

Here are the specs:

Increased versatility and fabulous golden-age tone. It meets today's guitarist's needs by blending historic and standout modern features including Abigail Ybarra-initialed '69 Custom Shop single-coils with a sweet tone that sounds great with overdrive; 22 tall, narrow 6105-style frets for easier bending; Custom Classic 2-point synchronized tremolo with corrosion-resistant steel saddles; and a thin skin nitrocellulose lacquer finish for more resonance.

Comfort-contoured alder body

Lightly figured maple neck

Modern C-shaped neck profile

Fingerboard: Flat laminated rosewood

Fingerboard radius: 9.5" (241mm)

No. of frets 22 "6105"-style frets

Width at nut: 1.7" (43 mm)

Nut material: Bone

Pickups: 3 '1969 Custom Shop Strat single-coil pickups initialed by Abigail Ybarra Controls: Master volume, Tone 1. (neck pickup), Tone 2. (no-load tone control (middle and bridge pickups)

Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade

Position 1. Bridge Pickup

Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup in Parallel

Position 3. Middle Pickup

Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup in Parallel

Position 5. Neck Pickup

Bridge: Deluxe 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Polished Milled Solid Stainless Steel Saddles and Block

Tuning Machine Heads: Fender/Schaller Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed

Hardware: Chrome

Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment

Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)

Unique Features:

Thin Skin Nitro finish with absolutely no "Urethane", "Poly base", or "Vinyl Fillers" like time machine, Aged White Parts, comes with a "Certificate of Ownership" Journeyman Stratocaster (serialized or married to each instrument). With a line at the bottom that says Serial # __________

Strings: Fender Super 3250R, Nickel Plated Steel, (.010 to .046), p/n 073-3250-006

p/n 073-0250-006

Case: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case with Black Crushed Velvet Interior

Introduced; 2008

Accessories; Deluxe Black Hardshell Case (Black Interior), Strap, Straplocks, Cable, Polishing Cloth

Fender Custom Shop Custom Special Edition Custom Classic Stratocaster

For many players a Fender Stratocaster with increased versatility and fabulous golden age tone isn't just a dream, it's a must. To achieve this magical combination many players resort to buying high-end guitars, rather then spending more money on expensive aftermarket modifications such as pickups and hardware. With the Custom Special Edition Strat, the pros at the Fender Custom Shop have taken care of that for you.

Let's face it, times change. In the '90s, covering Stevie Ray Vaughan was your ticket into the band, and your Fender "Time Machine" Strat did the job perfectly well. Today's bands however, play from set lists with far greater variety, with songs ranging from the 1950s to today. Additionally, new technologies have dramatically changed the instrument requirements for home recording artist.

This Fender Custom Classic Strat is the perfect blend of the best historic and standout modern features that include:

• Members

How can an allergic commentator brand a gold poem?

I made it through 6 years of college, 3 of them Grad School, I have a BS Degree in Pharmaceuticals, but I don't know what that means?:facepalm:

• Members

Does anybody know about this guitar?

I bought a Fender Custom Classic Strat about two weeks ago, but now I have my eyes on this one.

Musicians Friend sells it for $1999

It has different pick-ups, but I don't know anyone who owns one.

Here are the specs:

Increased versatility and fabulous golden-age tone. It meets today's guitarist's needs by blending historic and standout modern features including
Abigail Ybarra-initialed '69 Custom Shop single-coils
with a sweet tone that sounds great with overdrive; 22 tall, narrow 6105-style frets for easier bending; Custom Classic 2-point synchronized tremolo with corrosion-resistant steel saddles; and a thin skin nitrocellulose lacquer finish for more resonance.

Comfort-contoured alder body

Lightly figured maple neck

Modern C-shaped neck profile

Fingerboard: Flat laminated rosewood

Fingerboard radius: 9.5" (241mm)

No. of frets 22 "6105"-style frets

Width at nut: 1.7" (43 mm)

Nut material: Bone

Pickups: 3 '1969 Custom Shop Strat single-coil pickups initialed by Abigail Ybarra
Controls: Master volume, Tone 1. (neck pickup), Tone 2. (no-load tone control (middle and bridge pickups)

Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade

Position 1. Bridge Pickup

Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup in Parallel

Position 3. Middle Pickup

Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup in Parallel

Position 5. Neck Pickup

Bridge: Deluxe 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Polished Milled Solid Stainless Steel Saddles and Block

Tuning Machine Heads: Fender/Schaller Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed

Hardware: Chrome

Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment

Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)

Unique Features:

Thin Skin Nitro finish with absolutely no "Urethane", "Poly base", or "Vinyl Fillers" like time machine, Aged White Parts, comes with a "Certificate of Ownership" Journeyman Stratocaster (serialized or married to each instrument). With a line at the bottom that says Serial # __________

Strings: Fender Super 3250R, Nickel Plated Steel, (.010 to .046), p/n 073-3250-006

p/n 073-0250-006

Case: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case with Black Crushed Velvet Interior

Introduced; 2008

Accessories; Deluxe Black Hardshell Case (Black Interior), Strap, Straplocks, Cable, Polishing Cloth

Fender Custom Shop Custom Special Edition Custom Classic Stratocaster

For many players a Fender Stratocaster with increased versatility and fabulous golden age tone isn't just a dream, it's a must. To achieve this magical combination many players resort to buying high-end guitars, rather then spending more money on expensive aftermarket modifications such as pickups and hardware. With the Custom Special Edition Strat, the pros at the Fender Custom Shop have taken care of that for you.

Let's face it, times change. In the '90s, covering Stevie Ray Vaughan was your ticket into the band, and your Fender "Time Machine" Strat did the job perfectly well. Today's bands however, play from set lists with far greater variety, with songs ranging from the 1950s to today. Additionally, new technologies have dramatically changed the instrument requirements for home recording artist.

This Fender Custom Classic Strat is the perfect blend of the best historic and standout modern features that include:

• Members

Looks like they took the same guitar, put in different pickups, had the winder put her initials on the pickups, and called it a special edition.

If you like the way the guitar feels and like those pickups, go for it. I don't really think it's status as a "special edition" makes it any more valuable or a superior guitar.

Archived