les paul routing question.... did i ruin it?

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

Ok, I have a white epi lp studio. Got a JB in the bridge and a P-Rails in the neck. To control the P-Rails I have a three way toggle installed where the neck tone knob was.(did away with neck tone circuit) Pretty decent sounding combo, but I'm just so damned vain, I can't stand the look of the toggle where the knob should be any longer.

I want to put my phat cat in the neck, and replace the tone pot, thing is when I put in that switch, the threaded part was too big for the hole,(that's what she said) so I took a dremel and routed it a little. Is there a way to make that hole small again to fit that tone pot back in there? I know about wood filler and stuff, how would I use it in this situation?

• Members
Pics?

I would totally have posted pics with the original post, but my only computer right now is my motorola droid, which DOES NOT allow you to upload pics to a hosting site. Lame. Sorry sir. Its a shame cuz I think its a cool looking git, love me some white les pauls.

Its the $350 one with chrome harware and uncovered pickups, black pickgaurd, use your imagination I guess. :cry:

• Members

The washer thing usually works. I've taken short, thin strips of electrical tape and wrapped them around the pot to pad it so it fits in the whole snuggly. Just be careful not to make the strips too thick and be very patient when you apply them.

• Members

Hindsight....lmao. loves it, I like how he's got the tv changer...I'm a total sw nerd.

And I like that electrical tape ideer, its gommy and flexible...all good solutions.

Now I need to be recommended a pickup (mid to very high output bucker) that will warm up my alder bodied/maple fretboard strat so I can put my alt 8 in the lp.

Archived