Strap suggestions please

DRPool

• Members

Reverend Roundhouse, well balanced but solid mahogany and therefore pretty heavy.

Nothing too flashy please but something that works with the whole guitar. Most of the crap I see at the local shops are toxic warnings and police tape looking things...no thanks.

Sugguest away :thu:

Rev2.jpg

• Members

• Members

I have several straps but my main strap is wide and soft and a little stretchy. I have no idea what it's made of. I mainly play a heavy Les Paul, by the way, so "wide" = "good" IMO.

My guitar sticks where I put it, that is, because the strap fabric tends to stick to other fabric, it's difficult to slide the strap across my shirt once I put it on my shoulder (which is good for me but may not be for others). That might be a consideration for you.

Get good strap locks. I use a large wafer kind, inexpensive, but effective. A heavy guitar may increase the chance of your strap coming off.

Check your screws/attachments often. Some screws/attachments may work themselves loose occasionally, especially on heavier guitars, and once they get loose, they can really start wearing on your screw/fix point. If you play a lot standing up and if your strap connects directly into the wood via a long screw, it may be worth it to drill out the hole, insert a plastic sheath (glue it in) and then insert your screw directly into the plastic.

• Members

I like that, can you post a link or some deets on where to find one?

Yes, please do. I had shoulder surgery with hardware placement a few months back and anything that can help with the strain on my left shoulder caused by the weight of the guitar would be a God sent. Thanks!

• Members

Yes, please do. I had shoulder surgery with hardware placement a few months back and anything that can help with the strain on my left shoulder caused by the weight of the guitar would be a God sent. Thanks!

Price seems pretty consistent across a couple different sites I've checked.

NeoTech Mega-Axe

Archived