xv600 upgrades

valued customer

• Members

i seem to recall someone doing some work to upgrade their xv600...described it in the thread, may or may not have been pics. does anyone remember that or know where I might find it.

i tried search but it is giving me nothing. sorry if this is a user - error... wouldn't be the first time! :facepalm:

• Members

thanks brian...thread was cool. i'm thinking somebody else repalced the saddle, nut, knobs, dunno if he did anything electronic at all. i seem to recall a few folks "ebonizing" there cream pickups too..

did the new saddles make a big difference for you?

anyway, bumpity,

• Members

Might have been me, but I only showed the results of the work. When I first got the guitar and was setting it up, I noticed that the saddle adjustment screws were really notchy and just felt like junk. I like things that work smoothly and precisely. These stainless steel saddles were inexpensive and adjust beautifully.

100_0823.jpg

Most people think the tuners are OK because they hold tune, but I thought they also felt like junk. Found a set of Schallers that fit the original holes, but, unfortunately, the headstock was thicker than a Fender and the posts were too short. I ended up sanding down the back of the headstock 3/32" and, while I was at it, stripped the back of the neck and applied a wipe-on poly. Other than that I just had to tweak a high fret, put strap locks on it and it's a pretty sweet guitar that I would take anywhere.

100_0826.jpg

• Members

Might have been me, but I only showed the results of the work. When I first got the guitar and was setting it up, I noticed that the saddle adjustment screws were really notchy and just felt like junk. I like things that work smoothly and precisely. These stainless steel saddles were inexpensive and adjust beautifully.

100_0823.jpg

Most people think the tuners are OK because they hold tune, but I thought they also felt like junk. Found a set of Schallers that fit the original holes, but, unfortunately, the headstock was thicker than a Fender and the posts were too short. I ended up sanding down the back of the headstock 3/32" and, while I was at it, stripped the back of the neck and applied a wipe-on poly. Other than that I just had to tweak a high fret, put strap locks on it and it's a pretty sweet guitar that I would take anywhere.

100_0826.jpg

Do you have any pictures of the whole guitar? Would love to see a full frontal!

• Members

i seem to recall someone doing some work to upgrade their xv600...

If someone - who has done it - could pitch in, too, with a description (with the necesary details) of adding a push-pull pot and splitting the coils on the Dream 180s model, that would be great, too.

Thanks,

Greg

Archived