New pickups for my old SG

newmaxnew

• Members

I took my 80s SG out to gig this weekend and I guess I had forgotten how nice that guitar plays. However I am not that thrilled with the pickups. I think with the right pickups this guitar will be just about perfect for me.

I play 60s and 70s stuff and really like low to medium output pickups. I like my guitars a little bit on the bright side. Is there something that sounds as good as the Duncan Set Lovers but with wax potting?

How about some of the smaller pickup builders, who does a good clear sounding P.A.F. type output pickup?

Max

• Members

Get ya some BGs! :thu:

Seriously I'm using a set in my SG, hotter than you would want probably (Hellabucker bridge and smokestack neck), but they sound great. Either the straight BG buckers or the P.U.F. would work for what you want. Plus Bryan is easy to work with :thu:

• Members
Get ya some BGs!
:thu:

Seriously I'm using a set in my SG, hotter than you would want probably (Hellabucker bridge and smokestack neck), but they sound great. Either the straight BG buckers or the P.U.F. would work for what you want. Plus Bryan is easy to work with
:thu:

sounds like what he wants is more along the lines of the Lizard model.

http://www.bg-pups.com

Archived