Combining different sized speakers?

volvo1800

• Members

Haha, ur a little giddy over that new setup huh? I would be too, that's a beautiful cab, love how it tilts.

I would enjoy a 115 cab to put underneath my 212 combo, usually it holds its own, but when I'm doing rhythm parts, I miss some low end breath, speaker sized mixing and sampling is tricky I think, there are just so many diff combinations and kinds of speakers.

That's how I will spent my retirement probably. Find that perfect setup on my death bed.

• Members

Haha, ur a little giddy over that new setup huh? I would be too, that's a beautiful cab, love how it tilts.

I would enjoy a 115 cab to put underneath my 212 combo, usually it holds its own, but when I'm doing rhythm parts, I miss some low end breath, speaker sized mixing and sampling is tricky I think, there are just so many diff combinations and kinds of speakers.

That's how I will spent my retirement probably. Find that perfect setup on my death bed.

{censored} yes I am giddy

• Members

I don't know about getting unique tone... but having better response all over the frequency spectrum, I bet that kind of setup nails it.

I personally would rather run two amps with different speakers/enclosures at once. That way I have full control over the amount of bass and treble.

I've been running my Twin Reverb on top of my Behringer BX4210 bass combo, in stereo, but set one atop the other in some kind of mutant fullstack. What a tone monster. My twin sounds great by itself, but I have always lacked the bottom end in the amp... this setup takes care of it. So full and thick.

• Members

To truly experience the full tonal spectrum of the electric guitar, you need a 20", two 18", four 12", four 10", two 8", and three 4" speakers. I'm puttin in my order.

He could make it, though I am sure that baffle would be difficult to work with.

Archived