Unrequitable Love...

ShakaCthulu

• Members

Hmmm, I`ve been on both ends and it was far worse to be denied than to deny. Guess it depends.

Yeah I agree it depends... I almost killed myself over a girl when I was 19... no kidding. Not only that, but I didn't really get over her for about three years even though I dated quite a bit during that time. Really wasn't until almost 5 years that I met someone that overshadowed her. That's a long time at that age.

Still, the pain of others has the most impact on me. I guess I'm the sort that can deal with the sight of my own blood better than another person's blood. Yet I believe one has to feel intense pain to develop empathy. So I know the pain and wouldn't wish it on anyone... maybe that says it best. It doesn't mean I can do anything about the person's pain however. It also doesn

• Members

Yeah I agree it depends... I almost killed myself over a girl when I was 19... no kidding. Not only that, but I didn't really get over her for about three years even though I dated quite a bit during that time. Really wasn't until almost 5 years that I met someone that overshadowed her. That's a long time at that age.

But then that wasn

• Members

Also... I think she might be gayer than a handbag full of unicorns and some sort of narcissist too. LOL. I can pick em!

I've known lots of confused women, as friends and otherwise. Many people have been through lots of crap, but don't really know just how much crap they've been through and have never been to counseling or even recognized their state of mind as unhealthy.

I think sometimes we wrongly assume people are reacting only to us, when we have little or noting to do with how they feel about anything. So as I mentioned before you try not to take it personally. A person doesn't have to be all that old in years either to be totally messed up. I've known girls that were already so damaged by age 17 or 18 they were too spooky. Oh maybe fun for a while like a ride at Six Flags, but you want to get off of the ride eventually if not sooner.

When I was younger I didn't know why some girls acted the way they did, other than the normal strange ways women have. Find out later they were molested by father or relatives and perhaps otherwise physically and emotionally abused as children. So it's like trying to pet a dog that's been beaten... you raise your hand to pet them (figuratively speaking) and they flinch. They aren't reacting to you, but rather the previous owner. I don

• Members

The thing is: If you love YOURSELF, you don't put up with the nonsense for long.

Pining for what you can't have means you're not giving yourself permission to have what you CAN have. Manipulating others, and allowing yourself to be manipulated, are equally unhealthy - tho as has been pointed out already, they do have an odd way of generating words that rhyme and melodies that sell :lol:

• Members

The thing is: If you love YOURSELF, you don't put up with the nonsense for long.

Pining for what you can't have means you're not giving yourself permission to have what you CAN have. Manipulating others, and allowing yourself to be manipulated, are equally unhealthy - tho as has been pointed out already, they do have an odd way of generating words that rhyme and melodies that sell
:lol:

You speak words of wisdom but like you said, no one wants to hear songs about everything being great. We relate to heartache.

Archived