Apartment robbed in Atlanta. Stolen guitars.

ThrasherfanII

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man I really {censored}ing hate people in general. To be capable of inflicting something like this on other human beings is just detestable. Chances are they don't even care that they did it either, which just makes me more angry.

I'm really sorry to hear about this man, I'll keep my eyes open here in NY.

• Members

First of all, THANK YOU all for your responses. I've been browsing this forum for years and that was my first post.
Here's an update. The Les Paul Classic has come home. Last night I got a frantic call from a buddy of mine telling me to get down to Guitar Center asap since some guy was in there pawning my LP. I got it back. It turns out the guy was a pan handler who was offered $20 by someone to go pawn my guitar since the guy who asked him to do it didn't have an id. We did get some more descriptions though, so any bit helps. Hopefully this will lead to the personal, irriplaceable items that were taken. Thanks again, and please let me know if you hear anything!

Cheers,
Smitty

• Members

Man....sorry to hear about that...I hate thieves worse than just about anything.

My apartment was broken into twice in one month when I lived off Windy Hill Rd. in Marietta...I was gigging a lot at the time and whoever did it obviously knew I was out late at night...they got several gutars, amps, stereo, TV, CDs and jewelry...I never recovered any of it. My wife and I moved soon afterwards.

• Members

Man....sorry to hear about that...I hate thieves worse than just about anything.

My apartment was broken into twice in one month when I lived off Windy Hill Rd. in Marietta...I was gigging a lot at the time and whoever did it obviously knew I was out late at night...they got several gutars, amps, stereo, TV, CDs and jewelry...I never recovered any of it. My wife and I moved soon afterwards.

That really sucks man...I'm really sorry to hear that. I used to live off of Frankin Rd back in 96 and that area has really gone down hill.

We have some surveilence video from the complex, witness descriptions, the car they were driving, so at least we have some leads. We're hoping we'll get lucky. The manager at our complex said there has not been a robbery in the 4 years since he's worked there. I was definitely targeted by someone looking for my guitars.

• Members

First of all, THANK YOU all for your responses. I've been browsing this forum for years and that was my first post.

Here's an update. The Les Paul Classic has come home. Last night I got a frantic call from a buddy of mine telling me to get down to Guitar Center asap since some guy was in there pawning my LP. I got it back. It turns out the guy was a pan handler who was offered $20 by someone to go pawn my guitar since the guy who asked him to do it didn't have an id. We did get some more descriptions though, so any bit helps. Hopefully this will lead to the personal, irriplaceable items that were taken. Thanks again, and please let me know if you hear anything!

Cheers,

Smitty

sweet..well that's a start!

• Members

Good to hear you got your classic back, though I'm sure you'd rather have the non-guitar stuff back instead.

To me it seems like the LP would've been the hardest to recover, the others are easier to recognize. Its all about spreading the word, these thieves are usually local, so they will probably not sell it too far from home.

Big time good luck, mate.

...those tracker chips that Gibson and Carvin (probably more) have started putting in guitars seems like a better and better idea >.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm considering if I should put a buttload of C4 into the guitar with a long range remote detonator... "Honey! Your guitars have been stolen!" "Just a sec honey..." BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! "Its in THAT direction!"

• Members

God that sucks. I hate thieves with a passion. They are the lowest forms of cowards on the face of the earth. I would rather be robbed at gunpoint than to be picked off like that from some spineless mother{censored}er who can't look you in the eye and try to take your {censored}.

Will definitely keep an eye out on e-bay/CraigsList.

Im with ya man. And I too will keep an eye out dude. Im one state away so maybe something will turn up. I am making a mental note to scout the entire state on CL just because of this. Normally I would just scour my area.

On a side note, I am always looking into deals in the Charlotte area as well.

You got to let us know what is up with this man. That totally freaking BLOOOOWWWS!!!!!!

• Members
That really sucks man...I'm really sorry to hear that. I used to live off of Frankin Rd back in 96 and that area has really gone down hill.

We have some surveilence video from the complex, witness descriptions, the car they were driving, so at least we have some leads. We're hoping we'll get lucky. The manager at our complex said there has not been a robbery in the 4 years since he's worked there. I was definitely targeted by someone looking for my guitars.

We lived off Franklin Rd around the same time...I believe it was at Ridge Pointe Apartments...my work truck was broken into there.:mad:

• Members

Couldn't that have been the guy? Wouldn't he have to go and give the money to the guy who stole it?? I don't really know how it all works, but couldn't he have lead you to the guy who stole it?

Best of luck, Prayin you get it all back

• Members

Cheers,

Smitty

That's a good start man. Good luck with the rest of the stuff.

• Members

Hope you get your stuff back.

There is a special place in hell reserved for scum like this.

If I was king, these people would be publicly humiliated to the point of wishing for death, then I would keep them alive long enough to where every nerve ending in their body has been so badly tortured, they simply cant feel pain anymore. Then and only then, would I dipatch of them.

Yeah. I know. I'm not a very nice person when it comes to thieves. I hope they die horrific and awefull heinous extremely painful deaths not once, but 1000 times.

Will keep an eye out for the gear.

notice to general public: NEVER steal from davearonow.

OH MY GOD................I am so so so sorry for you. I would have to save $ for 10 years for such nice equipment as yours. Those thieves will burn in hell and I will say a prayer for you. I don't even have words to express my sympathy.........

• Members

I buy and sell gear and I live just up the road in Buford. I work with guys that cover a lot of the Atlanta market. If I see these items I will pm you. You should post better pics if you have them. great descriptions...I hope you have serial #'s. I learned my lesson the hard way along time ago. Good luck in your recovery

• Members

I buy and sell gear and I live just up the road in Buford. I work with guys that cover a lot of the Atlanta market. If I see these items I will pm you. You should post better pics if you have them. great descriptions...I hope you have serial #'s. I learned my lesson the hard way along time ago. Good luck in your recovery

Thank you very much. Unfortunately the serial number information that I had was on an external hard drive which was stolen as well. This has been a complete nightmare.

BTW...IF THIS HAPPENS TO YOU AND YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY ASKS IF YOU PLAY OUT, TELL THEM NO!! I figured since they were stolen from my apartment and not from a gig, this wouldn't matter. I was wrong. If you make money with the guitars, they are not covered the same way. Fortunately out of the 4 that are still missing, I only gigged with one of them. The other 3 will be fully covered.

Thanks again for the all the responses....it truly means alot! We're still hopeful we'll recover some stuff since we have some good leads, but we also realize some of the stuff will never be seen again.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

that is terrible news. I'll keep an eye out for that stuff, but I'm in NY so I probably won't it migrate that far north.

GOod luck, hope it finds its way back (and if you catch that guy responsible, make sure to hand him over to Davearonow.. BEFORE the cops).

• Members

I would force them to drink plaster until it fills their entire tract. Once it poured out of their ass and I could hear them gargling, then I would know they were completly full. Once dead and plaster hardened, I would split them open to get a perfect cast of their inards. All for sceince my freinds.

Hope you get your stuff back.

There is a special place in hell reserved for scum like this.

If I was king, these people would be publicly humiliated to the point of wishing for death, then I would keep them alive long enough to where every nerve ending in their body has been so badly tortured, they simply cant feel pain anymore. Then and only then, would I dipatch of them.

Yeah. I know. I'm not a very nice person when it comes to thieves. I hope they die horrific and awefull heinous extremely painful deaths not once, but 1000 times.

Will keep an eye out for the gear.

notice to general public: NEVER steal from davearonow.

• Members

Cheers,

Smitty

Great news.

Glad you started getting your stuff back.

That's a good sign that the others will turn up as well.

I'll keep an eye out down here.

Good Luck.

I'm south of Atlanta in Jackson.

Moved out of the city 15 years ago.

Now we're out in the woods on the lake.

Nice,quiet and safe.

Archived