Apartment robbed in Atlanta. Stolen guitars.

ThrasherfanII

• Members

Our apartment was robbed in Atlanta Friday, Feb 27th. If you see the following guitars anywhere, please let me know!

Custom Dojo "Smittycaster": Birdseye maple neck w/stainless steel frets, ash body, JB/JBjr pickups.

97 American Standard Strat: It only has 2 knobs, and has a "Rockets To Ruin" sticker on it.

86 San Dimas Randy Rhoads Jackson: Black with gold pinstrips. Was originally hot pink (like Vinnie Vincents) but was refinished. The pickup cavities still have the hot pink in them which you can see if you remove the pickups or the back plate where the springs are.

2001 Les Paul Classic: Translucent Black finish.

This has been devestating. We're hoping the guitars will lead to the irreplacable items, such as my wifes mothers wedding ring, my fathers gold cross neckless, and my wifes aunts jewelry. All of these people have passed away, so these items are irreplacable. Also, our external hd with all our 1 year olds pictures/videos, as well as a bunch of other stuff. If anyone sees any of these guitars on eBay or Craigslist, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! Take a look at the attached photo. Thank you very much. Sideshowsmitty@yahoo.com

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got my Jem back after it was stolen.

Post pics on CL to discourage them selling it that way and call all of the pawn shops with the serial numbers. Talk to all of your neighbors. Leave no stone unturned.

Good luck and {censored} thieves!

• Members

Hope you get your stuff back.

There is a special place in hell reserved for scum like this.

If I was king, these people would be publicly humiliated to the point of wishing for death, then I would keep them alive long enough to where every nerve ending in their body has been so badly tortured, they simply cant feel pain anymore. Then and only then, would I dipatch of them.

Yeah. I know. I'm not a very nice person when it comes to thieves. I hope they die horrific and awefull heinous extremely painful deaths not once, but 1000 times.

Will keep an eye out for the gear.

notice to general public: NEVER steal from davearonow.

• Members

God that sucks. I hate thieves with a passion. They are the lowest forms of cowards on the face of the earth. I would rather be robbed at gunpoint than to be picked off like that from some spineless mother{censored}er who can't look you in the eye and try to take your {censored}.

Will definitely keep an eye out on e-bay/CraigsList.

• Members

File a police report, give serial numbers and detailed item descriptions, including any stickers on the guitars. Pawn shops are required to record serial numbers and 'owner applied' modifications (IE a name carved in or a sticker, etc) and transmit this information to the police department on a nightly basis. If the guitars are pawned, they will be found, and the person who pawned them will be prosecuted.

Do you know anyone with a drug addiction? Anyone you know who knows you had those items is a suspect, especially if they suck the glass dick.

• Members

Talk to all of your neighbors. Leave no stone unturned.

Good luck and {censored} thieves!

The majority of break ins are done by young males in the neighborhood. Maybe it's someone you know.

I used to be a security consultant years ago and I've applied a few deterents around my house. I've got a monitored alarm system (BRINKS) as well as motion activated flood lights around the house. I also have closed circuit cameras and I keep the perimeter of my house well lit to deter would be opportunistic thieves. As for the young male punks in the neighborhood, I walk around my property with a 9 mm strapped to my leg and sometimes, I'll sit outside my porch cleaning my AK47. Lastly, I have bullet riddled human silhouette targets postered all over the inside of my garage and I'll keep the garage open for the punks to look at when they walk by the house.

• Members

Live in the Atlanta area myself. Had one friend have his rented house broken into twice. He actually recovered most of his stuff including acoustic guitar at a nearby pawn shop the first time. The second time no luck, probably the same punks both times. Another friend had his downtown apartment broken into and saw his rare custom shop ESP guitar online for sale. When he contacted the seller, he told my friend that he'd bought the guitar at a Riverdale pawn shop and refused to return it. Because he didn't have the serial number the police wouldn't help. Seriously, keep an eye on all the pawn shops you can & good luck!

Jim

• Members

Horrible thing to have happen.

And it happened with my first guitar, it was a girl who lived in the neighborhood who was addicted to drugs and was doing it as a favor

for her fence boyfriend.

And be observant. Someone saw you loading in or loading out and

knew what you had or suspected and targeted you.

Archived