hangin at big tree

jjpistols

• Members

you really fit yourself into the piece, and that works great!

that's kind of been a common theme so far - no one is throwing a buncha gymnastics over the top of everything else, everyone is keeping in feel with the music already there

this is some non ego guitar playing, I think -
:thu:

I'm gonna see if I can get a good mix with all of these later, or if it becomes too chaotic...

thanks man, the whole non ego thing is a pretty cool complement..

it comes from being a rythm guitars i guess..

it was a fun track.. but i have to ask what is the track composed of

i swear i hear bottles and an xylophone?... and a cash register.. and even a standup bass?? humming? very eclectic.. kinda giving the finger to all this high tech mulit over sample 64 bit overy processed mastering... and thats pretty cool.. JJ.

fun track.

• Members

i notice on this thread and other threads that i dont usually hear anyone posting a reference pitch note..

how are you folks all tuning your guitars up to each others..are you just using your own tuners or are you passing around a pre recorded note say a sample of a A-440 note that you all tune to ?

It can be annoying to have to listen too but i usually reserve the first few seconds of a track to a A harmonic note played on my fifth string at the twelfth fret,,,

that way if i come back to re-record on that track a month down the road i have a solid clear note that was pre recorded to check my tuning too...

i just dont trust all tuners to be the same all the time, I know they should be but i still like to check my guitar to a recorded note, its a habbit i got from my old days of recording onto magnetic tape, sometimes the old reel to reel speed got changed and the A note on the tape didnt match the A note of the tuner, so i got used to tuning to the A note at the songs begining as a way to double check that the guitar was in sync with the the songs pitch...

Im not hearing any reference notes for tuning to,,,are you all independently tuning to your own separate tuners... ?

you really fit yourself into the piece, and that works great!

that's kind of been a common theme so far - no one is throwing a buncha gymnastics over the top of everything else, everyone is keeping in feel with the music already there

this is some non ego guitar playing, I think -
:thu:

I'm gonna see if I can get a good mix with all of these later, or if it becomes too chaotic...

I could send you the part I did on a separate MP3. That'd make mixing easier.

Archived