Recommendations for les paul double cut

thelemac

• Members

I have a 2002 les paul double cut standard. The gold hardware is corroded into an ugly pitted mess. I want to replace all the hardware to either chrome or nickel. I guess I just really want to upgrade it all the way around.

I am looking for suggestions for bridges/tailpieces, I like the grover tuners but might put in something else.

Also the stock pick-ups need a little work 490/498. So please suggest some options-I like the burstbuckers in my studio mahogany they sound really good-just not great.

• Members

Wow the tonepros stuff looks great.

What do I play-Blues/jazz/rock/Grunge. I think I am looking for something that is really smooth and buttery. Warmand wooly yet articulate. No mush. That hardest "metal" I play would be like some Metallica/AC/DC. So nothing to hot. I play mostly just straight into either a blues jr or a VOX AC15. I play, mostly clean and like just a hint of break-up.

• Members

you're probably gonna find what you want in the alnico2. balanced coil family of HB's...like the Gibson '57 Classics...

My suggestion as well. 57s are a superb all around pickup. Any gibby dealer will have a guitar with the 57s too so it's easy to try them out and get an idea of how they'll sound on your rig.

Archived