Sold my last Gibson....

lowbrow

• Members

Shipped it off this morning. So, from a one time high of well over 30 guitars, I am down to 11. It could go lower...and probably will...but the winnowing process has gotten much more difficult.

Have some amps and pedals I think I'm gonna dump soon too...

I do have four project guitars not counted above that are destined to be sold...just need to finish some work on all of them.

Feels good! Less clutter. Playing the same guitars more often and discovering new things about them.

GAS is easier to resist these days, but it's still there. I think it has to do more with guitars as art objects than musical tools though...they can just be so damn pretty...

• Members

I sold off my last Gibson last year after owning them for over 50 years and I don't miss them at all.
I, as you, had a lot of guitars, but am now down to just one (XOX Handle), but have a second guitar like the first one on order and will be buying a Viger (hopefully) later this year.

No more Fenders, or other american guitars here. Strictly European for the time being.

• Members
GAS is easier to resist these days, but it's still there. I think it has to do more with guitars as art objects than musical tools though...they can just be so damn pretty...

Always that tension, utilitarian vs art .... Maybe if the folks 'round here didn't take such good pics? :idk:

• Members

If I can keep all of my Gibsons I will but if I sell one then I guess that's ok. I'd rather keep every Gibson that I can though.

That's how I am about my Gretsches. I have 6 right now. I'm seriously debating selling or trading one or two...but damn....it's hard to imagine...

Archived