Quick Floyd Rose Question

Caleb B

• Members

What is the name of this screw? -

30rv7o5.jpg

I'm trying to find some replacements for it on Stewmac because a couple of mine are stripped and I'm not sure if it's a string clamp screw, string lock screw, saddle mounting screw, or what. A link to the correct one on stewmac.com or something would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• Members

Those would be string lock screws.

The clamp screws are for the clamp up at the headstock.

Saddle mount screws are for holding down the actual saddle to the bridge base.

Problem is that, I don't see that they carry the screw for that type of floyd, their stuff is for OFR.

• Members
Those would be string lock screws.

The clamp screws are for the clamp up at the headstock.

Saddle mount screws are for holding down the actual saddle to the bridge base.

Problem is that, I don't see that they carry the screw for that type of floyd, their stuff is for OFR.

Yea, that's what confused me. I took mine out and compared it to the pictures I saw and couldn't find a match. :confused: Anyone know a site I could get the correct screw from?

• Members

Well, I just got off the phone with him and he has everything I need. I'm gonna call around some guitar places here and see if they have what I need because I really don't feel like waiting for the parts to ship, but if all else fails I get my parts from him. I took my bridge to a local hardware store because I couldn't get a stripped screw out. They got it out, but either when they or I was handling it, one of the clamps that the screw actually pushes against the string fell out so now I need that. They also gave me a screw that fits in the hole, I'm just not sure if it will work. It doesn't have the end diameter shorter so that it fits in the notch on the back of the string clamp, but I think it will push it forward and hold it regardless.

• Members

Going by the Ibanez site, you need part # 2ED2C4.

Guitarpartsdept.com sells a lic. Floyd saddle screw similar to that, though I can't be 100% sure it will fit:

http://www.gpdusa.com/Saddle_Parts-Saddle_Screw_Set_of_3.html

Thank you sir! Could you direct me to the part that I mentioned below? The part that screw actually screws into that clamps the string?

11qlg83.jpg

Archived