Les Paul Standard 2010 Limited

Padrino

• Members

that BFG was a sleeper hit for Gibson. that's why they jacked up the prices and then stopped making them. good luck finding one for sale for a reasonable price...

this is the next step in the line. guitarists like the pickup combination...i'm not enamoured with this particular combination. perhaps they'll release something better looking soon.

• Members

...but seriously. the thing is butt ugly. wtf were they thinking?

I know what I'm thinking - there is nothing butt uglier than a guitar with white/cream-colored P90s. P90s are ugly anyway but at least black ones hide most of the ugliness.

• Members

I think it's cool. I've always kind of wanted a robot guitar. I think it would allow me to use alternate tunings more...

me, too

I just don't like that sunburst. It looks like a black ring and a red ring, instead of that nice blend/fade.

• Members

that's fugly... instead of coming up with something good/new, they just took a 68 RI and added some {censored} that looks out of place :facepalm:

but in their defense, every time they come up with a "new" look, the enthusiasts scoff at it (cough darkfire cough... although i'm not gonna defend dusk tiger or whatever that abortion of a guitar is cause whoever put that into production is an idiot.)

• Members

I dig it. I'm not real into block inlays though. I have good ears too, so the robot tuning is about useless for me. Neat idea though.

I wonder if the P90 cover is metal or plastic. I dunno if it changes the sound at all, but if that P90 cover is plastic and chromed, I can't imagine the finish lasting that long.

• Members

I dig it. I'm not real into block inlays though. I have good ears too, so the robot tuning is about useless for me. Neat idea though.

Good ears? With most tuners on the market it is hard to get tuned within .2% and the tronical tuners can get within .1%. It may not seem like much but that's twice as accurate...

• Members

I dont mind the concept (upmarket BFG?) BUT I dont want that robot tuning {censored} under any circumstances...I like to generally tune my G a little flat and my D a fraction sharp, I dont want a locling jack socket, and the tailpiece is hideous.

Other than that....

:thu:

Archived