NGD! - Gretsch Baritone

• Members

I've been wanting a baritone for some time now and since I got a job for the summer I decided to treat myself with this:

31420_1445224655836_1389735505_1179249_1

Build quality is very good, no flaws in the finish or nothing. The Bigsby is great although it is the cheaper B50 model instead of the B5. The tuning stabilty is ok but it's new out of the box so the strings may just have to stabilize a bit. The intonation is fine but tha action is on the high side. When I get back home I'll be lowering the action and the strings won't hit the back of the TOM anymore.

Through my Tiny Terror the sound was a bit muffled but that could be because I couldn't turn it up. I've been playing it through my POD 2 on the Bassman setting and the sound is heavenly. The pickups are well balanced and quiet and I love the sound. I have been working in the Twin Peaks theme and it totally nails it!

It's a blast to play and to look at!

• Members

I forgot to mention, It's tuned E-E an octave lower than a regular guitar. I'm going to keep it this way for a while and maybe switch to A-A or B-B later and see how that works out.

Oh, so you're actually running it as a Bass VI rather than a baritone? Awesome!

Archived