Hey, Blondie. Oh, what I'm gonna do to you. (build a tele)

• Members

For the ferrule holes couldn't you do the two outside holes then mark and start the other holes from the back. Going about half way ,then finish from the top? I have never done a tele but just an idea?

Yes, I just tend to find a way to screw it up. Actually I had a nice straight line of pilot holes drilled, but the bits I used did not work very well with pilot holes and resulted in me missing the mark on these. I would not do it that way again, but not an easy way to fix it now. Like Vintage clubber said, it's functional the way it is. When I bought this body I did not realize it was a top loader. I will likely replace the body somewhere down the road if I decide I don't love it.

• Members

I got the five way super switch wired and played it. It sounds fantastic. Big palette of sounds there. It is wired like this drawing. I am gong to wire the middle to a toggle switch. Probably just on and off. I was going for on/off/out of phase, but haven't got that ironed out yet. I'll keep you posted.

5-tone-2008.jpg

• Members

Ok, I get it. I need to use an on/off/on toggle for reverse phase on a single pickup. I was trying to use an on/on/on toggle, which worked great for the Brian May series type scheme on my other guitar, but shorts to ground on the single middle pickup in parallel scheme.

Time to order a switch.

• Members

at first I thought, "damn thats the ugliest blonde Ive ever seen" but it looks great all put together.

Ive seen pics of real blackguards that had ferrule holes all googly eyed so think of that as an authentic touch

That's the spirit....Thanks.

I think this pic is the best representation of the actual color. Very yellowed in the other photos.

31828_1118176611015_1725021305_225499_46

• 2 weeks later...

Archived