Playing tonight at the KOTB... Which amp to use???

orbm1

• Members

Hi Everyone,

I am playing tonight at the KOTB 2nd round.

I know which song I am playing, which guitar (Gibson Les Paul ROBOT Jr. Special), but I am not sure which amp to use...

Any recommendations, why?

There are 4 amps:

Egnater Renegade 112 combo

609709.jpg

Egnater Rebel 20 stack

585316.jpg

Mesa Boogie Rectifier Half stack

DualRecto-Stac-Lg.jpg

Fender 65 twin Reverb

337115.jpg

I am not using ANY effects, guitar to amp....

What do you think?

Thanks in advance :wave:

Omar :thu:

• Members

I'm listening to that backing track now...I should download it, that's a sweet track.

I'd personally go with the Fender I think since it has a BB King vibe to it but I could see adding a bit a grit to it would work very well too.

Your song your call :wave:

• Members

Thanks guys!

I might be there early to try them with the guitar... I want a little bit of distortion and some reverb....

mmmmmm, decisions!!!!

I just know that the p-90s from the LP will rock!!! but I need it to "blues" :D

:wave:

In that group, If I was going for a clean tone, I'd grab the Fender. (Which I always do anyway) I have been listening to the Egnaters and I think they do overdrive very sweetly. Just gotta make sure you're not dialing in mud. Go early and experiment with it.

Good Luck!!!

• Members

In that group, If I was going for a clean tone, I'd grab the Fender. (Which I always do anyway) I have been listening to the Egnaters and I think they do overdrive very sweetly. Just gotta make sure you're not dialing in mud. Go early and experiment with it.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks Alan (frets99),

I was hoping to be a light attendance round (:poke: like yours), but I found out that they have 10 people playing plus 2 alternates....

I going for the fun of it... if I pass great, if I don't, great!

Thanks for the best wishes!

• Members

Update:

I did not pass to the next round...

I chose the wrong night to play!!! we were 8, and only two sucked (including me).... The rest were BLUES MONSTERS!!!!! I am talking technique, feeling, phrasing! What a night!

I will not deny that nervousness took the best of me, but, heck, I gave it a try, and I will work hard this year, and I will give it a go next year!

BTW, I played with the twin and the guitar sounded good but a little too bright... A lot of people "digged" my sound and "soft jazzy" playing... I still know that I got super nervous!

Update:

I did not pass to the next round...

I chose the wrong night to play!!! we were 8, and only two sucked (including me).... The rest were BLUES MONSTERS!!!!! I am talking technique, feeling, phrasing! What a night!

I will not deny that nervousness took the best of me, but, heck, I gave it a try, and I will work hard this year, and I will give it a go next year!

BTW, I played with the twin and the guitar sounded good but a little too bright... A lot of people "digged" my sound and "soft jazzy" playing... I still know that I got super nervous!

Thanks
:wave:

Omar
:thu:

Roll of the dice there. I think playing to a BT at these things is pretty hard. You got one shot, and the BT is unforgiving.. no second chance. Don't feel bad. I never get nervous at a gig and I get real nervous at these events.

• Members

Roll of the dice there. I think playing to a BT at these things is pretty hard. You got one shot, and the BT is unforgiving.. no second chance. Don't feel bad. I never get nervous at a gig and I get real nervous at these events.

SAME WITH ME!

I have played in front of people for a while, I am music director at the Church, I have played in SUNG in front of more than thousand people, etc... I got super nervous there!!!!

again, maybe next time... I had fun, and I will go next week to see the next round!

• Members

I have played in front of people for a while, I am music director at the Church, I have played in SUNG in front of more than thousand people, etc... I got super nervous there!!!!

Because it was a competition? The other time you were in front of people you probably were not conciously trying to impress someone...just playing :D

I couldn't work out the time to go and try one of these though it would have been good for me to do so because I never play in public :facepalm:

Glad to hear you had fun and people enjoyed your take on the BT :thu:

• Members

Kudos for trying!

I'd go in for it too, if we had it over here, and I would fully expect to get blown away, but at the end of the day, I just don't care.

All you can do is be the best you you can, and let things flow.

Music as competition sucks anyway.

:thu:

Archived