help id my tele!

No Soul

• Members

I've seen the tele special in a few different colors. I have the red one. Yours in blue is "rare" but they made them in other colors equally uncommon. Color aside, it's a very nice guitar. I put mine up against my USA teles and it holds it own each time. Stock pickups are good too!

• Members

ok, here are some pix!
DAP3.jpg
DAP1.jpgDAP2.jpg

its a sweet guitar. Absolute beauty, plays just as nicely as any of my other Teles. Qualitywise I find nothing different about this guy than any of my American models. Hell, its even better than some!

To be honest I just never really bonded with it. I love all the custom "surfy colors" which is what first drove me to this guitar. But about every guitar Ive ever purchased, I think I played it for about a day and tossed it in a case and its been sitting in one for 2 years or so.

Im still not 100% sure I want to sell it, but shes not really doing me much good just sitting in my closet.

• Members

ok, here are some pix!

its a sweet guitar. Absolute beauty, plays just as nicely as any of my other Teles. Qualitywise I find nothing different about this guy than any of my American models. Hell, its even better than some!

To be honest I just never really bonded with it. I love all the custom "surfy colors" which is what first drove me to this guitar. But about every guitar Ive ever purchased, I think I played it for about a day and tossed it in a case and its been sitting in one for 2 years or so.

Im still not 100% sure I want to sell it, but shes not really doing me much good just sitting in my closet.

What about it aren't you bonding with exactly? On mine I replaced the bridge with a '52RI unit and the bridge pickup never wowed me, so I put a Van Zandt Vintage Plus in there. The neck pickup is absolutely awesome, though. I didn't intend to replace the neck until my grandmother caused it to warp (she went down to the basement and turned off the heat every time I left the house and turned it back on half an hour before I came home, so I never knew, and it was one damn cold winter).

• Members

dude dont sell that beast, (or sell it to me).

Ive heard about accidental figured necks coming on some MIMs, Ive seen pics of some really crazy figured MIMs its just luck of draw what wood gets cut...Kind of cool IMO

That color is sick!

• Members

When I bought my MIJ JD Tele back in c1997, the shop also had one very like this ... and I was sorely tempted before finally opting for the JD (good call, me ... I LOVE that guitar).

The shop's tag read 'Fender Fat Telecaster' ...

Archived